How do I hide my Caller ID when making out-going c...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

How do I hide my Caller ID when making out-going call?

anyone...?

ntung
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (5,506 Views)

Re: How do I hide my Caller ID when making out-going call?

ntung wrote:

anyone...?

On a per-call basis, I don't think there is a simple way to do that.  You'd have to access your account's Caller ID settings, then disable Caller ID before making that call.  You can't do this on the apps for mobile phones and other portable devices.  I think you can do this on the programs that run on the computers, and definitely know you can get to Caller ID settings when you log into your account on the Skype web site (use the "Account" link at the top of this page to do that). 

Even if you disable Caller ID, there may still be a number that displays on phones you call.  This number won't identify you specifically, but may identify the call as coming from Skype.  It may be a series of numbers that are not a phone number (for example, 0000123456 or something like that).  This is something done by Skype's partner providing the connection to the telephone network, and Skype has no control over this. 

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 612
Message 2 of 3 (5,488 Views)

Re: How do I hide my Caller ID when making out-going call?

Yes, true you can disable Caller ID by accessing your user account online.

https://secure.skype.com/portal/overview

This will block the display of your number but the username is still displayed.

Is there any way to hide your user name too. Your name showing up on a call

is almost worse if you want to remain anonymous.

tulleystraub
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (1,051 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling