Does Skype support Local Number Portability (LNP) ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Does Skype support Local Number Portability (LNP) in USA?

I would like to become a Skype at-home user but I need to keep my same phone number, is that possible?  How do I initiate the transfer?

dducolon
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 7 (3,432 Views)

Re: Does Skype support Local Number Portability (LNP) in USA?

Sorry, LNP is not available in Skype. Wish it was.

pmisner
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 7 (3,252 Views)

If the Skype service community reads these posts, I make the following humble request: please, please, please get LNP working here in the US!! US carriers are gouging their users knowing that cost efficient VoIP solutions are not yet available with LNP capability.
briankjohnson
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 7 (3,000 Views)

Port into google voice then redirect from there?
GeXX
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 7 (2,953 Views)

While Microsoft has bought skype, that's OK but google voice redirect is not so OK.

Google voice transcribed your voice into text, privacy concerns here, and keeps your number. Great for redirecting but what if you want to use only your ported number like you do when going from landline to cellphone. You also have to use an android google phone or caller ID will give out another number. You want to be associated with only the old business number, no confusion and you don't want to look cheap or so cutting edge that you take unnecessary risks. You want to be seen as reliable and stable but who wants to pay for a data plan when cell phone bills are already high enough. 

sealedesign
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 7 (2,716 Views)

Is this still the case? Any news on local number portability with Skype?
Posted from Nokia Lumia 900
Pazzy
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 7 (924 Views)

Definitely interested in the LPN. I have a 1-866 number for my business and would like to run through skype. I'm currently with a different virtual phone online company, but they do not have many of the great features like Skype does (such as chat, etc). 

Would like to port my number and join skypes premium service, but won't make the move unless there is  "Portability".  Skype developers, PLEASE consider.  Thanks.

Suitesop
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 7 (916 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling