Can people on skype call an online number for free...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can people on skype call an online number for free?

I'm trying to set up an account that can automatically videochat anyone in the world without me being at the computer (it's for a project). I've already gotten as far as having anyone in my contact list being able to do so, and that works great.

So now I want to make everyone able to do that, and instantly. So letting them send me a contact request wouldn't work (and I don't see any way to video chat anyone outside my contact list - I did enable this in the settings).

So I was wondering if I bought an online numver, would people be able to call that number on their own skype account and automatically start the video chat?

Thanks,

Leon

PS: something like automatically accepting contact requests would work too. Can that be done?

Leon_u
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 1 (354 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling