Can a person find out who's behind a Skype "online...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can a person find out who's behind a Skype "online number"?

I mean if I make a prank call using my online numbers purchased on Skype to a person's cel phone - can the person that I'm calling find out who it is? 

zelalez
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (472 Views)

Re: Can a person find out who's behind a Skype "online number"?

zelalez wrote:

I mean if I make a prank call using my online numbers purchased on Skype to a person's cel phone - can the person that I'm calling find out who it is? 

You're kidding, right?

The person you are calling may not be able to determine your identity.  If that person reports the prank calls to law enforcement, and the law enforcement agency contacts Skype or its partner providing the telephone connection in that area, the law enforcement agency may be able to determine your identity.  If those calls are considered a criminal offense, you may be charged by those authorities. 

In addition, those calls are probably a violation of Skype's terms of service.  You could end up with a cancelled Skype account, and do you really want that?  Don't know if you would lose any Skype Credit or if Skype would have to refund any money you spent to purchase Skype's services, but why bother risking that in the first place?

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 632
Message 2 of 2 (464 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling