Can I use my Skype number as caller ID

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Can I use my Skype number as caller ID

Can I use my Skype number as caller ID ? So when I call someone to landline or mobile phone from my skype account, the skype number shows up in caller ID of person I call ? Also, you can't contact any skype employed person for advice ?

ringwood22
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (304 Views)

Re: Can I use my Skype number as caller ID

ringwood22 wrote:

Can I use my Skype number as caller ID ? So when I call someone to landline or mobile phone from my skype account, the skype number shows up in caller ID of person I call ? Also, you can't contact any skype employed person for advice ?

This depends on where your Online Number is located, as not all Online Numbers can be used for Caller ID.  From my own 4 Online Numbers, I can use the numbers in the USA and UK as Caller ID, but not those from Australia or Mexico.  Local/national regulations or limitations from Skype's partners providing those Online Numbers may be to blame, if your Online Number(s) can't be used as Caller ID.

To see if you can use that number as Caller ID, log into your Skype account here on the Skype web site (click on the "Account" link at the top of this page).  You should be able to go in and change your Caller ID settings once you get in.  If your Online Number is eligible for use as Caller ID, you should see it as an option (or maybe the only option) when you get in there.  If it can't be used, then your only option would be to use the two-step SMS verification process and set a mobile number as your Caller ID when calling telephones from Skype.

More info on the Caller ID stuff with Skype is available at the "Caller ID" link at the bottom of this page.  Good luck!

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 558
Message 2 of 2 (289 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling