Can I port my Verizon Wireless number to SkypeIn n...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I port my Verizon Wireless number to SkypeIn number?

Dear Skype Team,

Can I port my Verizon Wireless number to SkypeIn number? Does Skype support number portabality?

lavanyadeepak
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 4 (2,364 Views)

Re: Can I port my Verizon Wireless number to SkypeIn number?

I have a similar question about a home number that I want to port to Skype.  Surprised that no one from Skype has responded to your question.

danwylie
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 4 (2,244 Views)

Can I use my home or another existing number as my Online Number?

Unfortunately not; when you purchase an Online Number, you will need to choose one from a pre-selected range provided with us. However, you can choose your favourite number from that range. You can search for your preferred number using the Enter your favourite combination search box, or by clicking on Show ten new suggestions to scroll through the available options.

tsteele
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (2,240 Views)

I recall reading a while back that porting an existing number to Skype was available or was going to be available.  If a Skype representative is reading this, please clarify question.

Thanks,

Dan

danwylie
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 4 (2,235 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling