Re: Can I move my # & Subscription to another Skyp...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I move my # & Subscription to another Skype account of mine?

I've been with Skype for over 10 years.  At the time I did not know that I couldn't change my name.  My name is that of a nickname associated with a former business I've been out of for over 5 years (associated with Mexico & now I'm living in Costa Rica).

I have a U.S. # PLUS an Unlimited US & Canada plan - both of which are due for renewal in Sept. & I'm getting ready to renew my Latin American plan.

Is it true we STILL can NOT switch our User Name?

If I can not simply change my Skype name, I REALLY REALLY would like to move EVERYTHING over to a NEUTRAL name if I can.

Otherwise I'm looking at other options that are LOTS cheaper that even claims I can keep my current # & move it over - but I REALLY overall like Skype (& weekly convert people over to Skype that have been afraid of it - but Skype's REALLY ESPECIALLY AWESOME for us ExPats living abroad.

HELP!!!

SarongGoddess
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (153 Views)

Re: Can I move my # & Subscription to another Skype account of mine?

Hi, SarongGoddess,

Yes, it is still true: Skype does not permit the change of an account name once it is created, and neither can credit, subscriptions, or paid features be transferred from one account to another.

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1978
Message 2 of 2 (137 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling