Can I have 2 Online numbers on one account?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Can I have 2 Online numbers on one account?

Hi,

I'm already using an online number for my account. I'd like to use a second online number for a home business that I'm starting. How will that work having 2 online numbers on the same account? When Skype rings, will it tell me which number was dialed? How do I switch between the two when making outbound calls?

tatterdemalion
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (3,527 Views)

Re: Can I have 2 Online numbers on one account?

tatterdemalion wrote:

Hi,

I'm already using an online number for my account. I'd like to use a second online number for a home business that I'm starting. How will that work having 2 online numbers on the same account? When Skype rings, will it tell me which number was dialed? How do I switch between the two when making outbound calls?

You can have up to 10 Online Numbers on a single Skype account. 

When you receive an incoming call to your Skype program or app, the program/app won't tell you which Online Number received the call.  It will either show you the Caller ID number of the phone calling you (if that information is available), or you'll see a Skype name if the call was made directly to your Skype account name. 

Online Numbers do nothing for making phone calls from Skype, except that some can be used as Caller ID when you call telephones from your Skype account.  You would still need to purchase Skype Credit or a subscription in order to call telephones.  Depending on where your Online Numbers are from, you can choose to use them as your Caller ID when calling telephones.  Not all Online Numbers can be used this way.  You can choose to use a single number for Caller ID when calling all telephones, or - if your numbers are in different countries - you can use certain numbers when calling certain destinations.  For example, I have numbers from the US and the UK that can be used as Caller ID.  When calling UK phones, my UK number is used as the Caller ID number.  When calling anywhere else, I use my US number. You can log into your Skype account through this web site and make changes to the Caller ID settings.

If you don't want to make changes to your Caller ID settings all the time when calling telephones, to have different numbers show up on the phones you call, one option may be to use separate Skype accounts for each Online Number.  This would mean that, for calling telephones, you would have to purchase Skype Credit or a subscription for each of those accounts.  But you would be able to have some idea where the calls are coming from, and you can control what shows up as Caller ID easier if you use each account for different purposes.

For more information about all of this, you can click on links below: "Online Number", "Caller ID", "Pay As You Go", and "Subscriptions". 

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 612
Message 2 of 2 (3,518 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling