Re: Caller identification with your online number ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Caller identification with your online number in stead of my mobile number

Hi guys, was wondering if it is possible to set my caller identification to my Skype online number in stead of my mobile number. 

I'm using it for business and would like people to call me back on my skype line in stead of on my personal mobile :happy:

Thanks,

Gerben 

gerbenvandijk
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (637 Views)

Re: Caller identification with your online number in stead of my mobile number

It should be. Mine was always set up like this from the start. After some issues, I've just reset mine. It's under "Call Phones", then lower left, there should be option relating to Caller ID. Once in the Caller ID tab, my phone number was in the "pre-saved" numbers list. I'm not sure if it will be there for you, if it was never previously set up. (I just wrote up more detailed explanation in another post.)

All I can say is that it's definitely possible - I had it working like that for three months (for the same reason - business calls).

The reason I can't be definitive on instruction here, is because the displays change based on your current settings. Try exploring the Caller ID tab.
frenchfries
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 2 of 9 (611 Views)

[ Edited ]

gerbenvandijk wrote:

was wondering if it is possible to set my caller identification to my Skype online number in stead of my mobile number. 

Hello Gerben,

Yes it is. You can choose either your Online # or your cellphone #.

Go to > Account Page > Set up Caller ID > Verify Number

SKYPE MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1212
Message 3 of 9 (600 Views)

This is not working for me. I can't see my online number in the list, and if I add it it says it is an invalid mobile phone number. 

gerbenvandijk
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 9 (574 Views)

Hi Gerben,

I am having the same issue, the option is not there to use the online number just a mobile number.

Very annoying having paid for a service that does not work

Ger

GalteeMntBoy
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 9 (551 Views)

I have had Caller ID working with both a verified mobile number and my Online Number. However, there are two problems.

(1) Caller ID (at least in the UK) appears to work if the call is received on a mobile network but not with BT landline (the main landline operator in the UK). I'd like Sype to make a definitive statement about whether Caller ID should work with BT. I've spoken to both Skype and BT, neither of whom could help or be definitive.

(2) Skype seems to keep 'forgetting' about my Caller ID setting - instead of showing the current Caller ID number it shows the link to setup Caller ID. I've re-set the number several times and it sticks for a few days then disappears again. 

I'd be interested in other user's experience of Caller ID + BT

mainstreet
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 9 (532 Views)

I'd like a further response on this, I'm really annoyed that a feature that I'm paying for is not working. Also, clients call me back on my mobile phone now, what is clearly not what I want.

gerbenvandijk
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 9 (494 Views)

Could anyone get back to me on this? I would hate to cancel my account and go through the trouble of getting a VOIP phone for my business, but if I have no other option than to get this fixed (i'm paying for this), than I have to.

gerbenvandijk
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 9 (472 Views)

Anyone? I am still having trouble with this and I would love to have it fixed. Thanks!

gerbenvandijk
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 9 (322 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling