Caller ID show different number

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Caller ID show different number

I have an online number however, every time I call someone on a land line or cell phone, a different number shows on their caller ID.

manbray
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (848 Views)

Re: Caller ID show different number

manbray wrote:

I have an online number however, every time I call someone on a land line or cell phone, a different number shows on their caller ID.

Depending on where your Online Number is from, you can log into your Skype account using the "Account" link at the top of this web page and set that number to show up as Caller ID when you call telephones from your Skype account.  Note that not all of Skype's Online Numbers can be used as Caller ID.

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 646
Message 2 of 4 (832 Views)

i have the same problem when i renewed for a second year.it was working good showing the caller ID before.Please help.Thank you.
zeynep1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (803 Views)

This doesn't work - I'm in the US and have had a Skype online number for 2 years. Lately, it's been showing different phone numbers to people I call, and sometimes says I'm calling from a "block number". I use this for business, so this is a big problem.

In "Account", "Caller ID", I can only see that you can have your calls ID'd from a mobile number, but it won't accept my Skype online number as a 'mobile' number (obviously), so how can I get my Skype online number to show up on outgoing calls when I call from my Skype account?

Very confusing/doesn't work for professional use at this point.

catpoff
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 12
Message 4 of 4 (790 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling