Caller ID not working for Incoming calls

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Caller ID not working for Incoming calls

Hi

I recently  purschased an Online number but the caller id does not work for incoming calls.How do we resolve this problem?.

Regards

Yash

yashshankar
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (402 Views)

Re: Caller ID not working for Incoming calls

yashshankar wrote:

Hi

I recently  purschased an Online number but the caller id does not work for incoming calls.How do we resolve this problem?.

Regards

Yash

You didn't mention what country your Online Number is in.  Not all of Skype's Online Numbers are eligible for use as Caller ID when calling telephones or sending SMS messages.  If your number is from one of these countries (Chile, Denmark, Estonia, Hong Kong, Poland, Sweden, the UK and the US), then it can be used this way.  Otherwise, you can use a mobile number from countries other than Japan or Mexico as Caller ID with Skype, after the number goes through a verification process where Skype sends SMS messages with codes to that number.

To get to these settings, log into your Skype account here on the Skype web site using the "Account" link at the top of this page.  You'll see a screen that would include your current Caller ID settings, and a link to change that.  If your Online Number is from one of those countries I referenced above, just select it and you're done. 

Hope that helps!

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 634
Message 2 of 2 (390 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling