CAN NOT SIP A SKYPE PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION??!!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

CAN NOT SIP A SKYPE PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION??!!

This is the 21st century!

WHY does this have to be so DIFFICULT?

Why is there no method to SIP a PREMIUM subscription??!!??!!

jimbotexas
Casual Adventurer

Accepted Solution

The problem that I configured a PREMIUM account and a PHONE NUMBER that I have distributed far and wide!

Skype DOES NOT make it clear that ONLY Skype phones will be able to use that subscription! I already have a Pansonic KX-TGP550 with 4 handsets. I'm NOT about to go spend money on a SEPARATE Skype phone.

Furthermore, there is no E911 and apparently it is IMPOSSIBLE (though I know for a FACT that it IS possible) to take my EXISTING PREMIUM NUMBER to a Skype Connect configuration and create a SIP Profile! That is LAME and STUPID!!! All THAT does is tick off customers and make them leave!!!

Fine. I can do that. I'm finding Skype is an incredibly poor and underpowered solution. That's a good reason to jump ship and look for something better!

View solution in original post
jimbotexas
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (624 Views)

Re: CAN NOT SIP A SKYPE PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION??!!

Hello,

Checking for you.

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1325
Message 2 of 4 (594 Views)

Please have a look at "Skype Connect" our Skype for SIP/PBX product that allows to purchase and allocated subscriptions:

http://www.skype.com/en/features/skype-connect/

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 11800
Message 3 of 4 (576 Views)

The problem that I configured a PREMIUM account and a PHONE NUMBER that I have distributed far and wide!

Skype DOES NOT make it clear that ONLY Skype phones will be able to use that subscription! I already have a Pansonic KX-TGP550 with 4 handsets. I'm NOT about to go spend money on a SEPARATE Skype phone.

Furthermore, there is no E911 and apparently it is IMPOSSIBLE (though I know for a FACT that it IS possible) to take my EXISTING PREMIUM NUMBER to a Skype Connect configuration and create a SIP Profile! That is LAME and STUPID!!! All THAT does is tick off customers and make them leave!!!

Fine. I can do that. I'm finding Skype is an incredibly poor and underpowered solution. That's a good reason to jump ship and look for something better!

jimbotexas
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 4 (533 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling