temporary code doesn't work !!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I can't use temporary code to reset my password it seems it doesn't work for me !!

i've requested reset password and recieved the code 

followed the link and chose the correct username i want to change password for

typed the new password ..then it return me the error "please contact support" !!

what's wrong with that ?

amirarmadan
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 7 (7,618 Views)

Re: temporary code doesn't work !!

It didnt work for me either, what I did was to login using my hotmail account.

somuchtemptatio
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 7 (5,832 Views)

This happenned to me yesterday.  I tried using the temporary code three different times.  Each time it gave me an error reply and then it locked me out.  It said I had to wait 24 hours before I could try a code again.

Sure would like to hear from Skype to get this resolved.  I can see why Skype doesn't have a support phone number to resolve problems.  They would be on the phone all the time with complaints.  I have paid for two

3-month periods and have only used it for a couple of messages.  This is more expensive than phone calls using the regular phone companies.

Kefo
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 7 (5,657 Views)

I have got my temporary code but it don't work for me so, I can't get my Skype name
Posted from Apple iPad
Phanarit2002
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 7 (3,070 Views)

firstly, request for a new code and try to use another web browser.  This suggestion may sound a bit strange, but based on similar reported cases in this forum page, it worked on numerous cases.

but if that still doesn't work, you may need to contact customer support. They may ask you to answer some verification questions to prove that you indeed own that account, before they can assist you in resetting your password - Just open the link pasted below to see the instructions on how to get in touch with customer service -

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/how-can-i-contact-skype-customer-service

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!

ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Skype-User
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 503
Message 5 of 7 (3,048 Views)

Skype-User wrote:

firstly, request for a new code and try to use another web browser.  This suggestion may sound a bit strange, but based on similar reported cases in this forum page, it worked on numerous cases.

but if that still doesn't work, you may need to contact customer support. They may ask you to answer some verification questions to prove that you indeed own that account, before they can assist you in resetting your password - Just open the link pasted below to see the instructions on how to get in touch with customer service -

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/how-can-i-contact-skype-customer-service

You can't contact customer service without a user ID and password. Everytime I see this advice given for people in this situation, I notice that the people given the advice have apparently never been in this situation. 

maryann122577
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 7 (1,960 Views)

Just click the link below to see the instructions on how you can get in touch with the Support team (in cases like what is being discussed, read the last part);

http://community.skype.com/t5/The-Skype-Lounge/How-to-Contact-Skype-Customer-Service/td-p/2056783

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1673
Message 7 of 7 (1,957 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling