skype award

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

skype award

Hi ! everyone I won a skype award

I want to make sure is it true?

Please help me because my friend also got the same award with same winning code with the same person name Dr.david jakes then tell me

Please look at this mesage below:

to: me

VERIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Office Address: 2nd Floor Berkley Square House,
Berkley Square London, W1J 6BD London,
United Kingdom.

Date: 7 July, 2013
Verification No.: S1284-027
Dear Esteemed winner, My name is Dr. David Jakes, I am the promotion claims officer and will be handling your prize remittance which is expected to be completed within three (3) working days. I will require your 100% attention to enable us facilitate the remittance of your won prize.
In line with the commemorating event marking our annual anniversary, we rolled out over £31,000.000.00 (Thirty One Million Great Britain Pounds). Your Skype username was selected randomly through an electronic balloting system drawn from 30,000,000 individual Skype users Login names from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program conducted here in the United Kingdom to promote our product. The aim of this promotion is to make Skype a house-hold name and also to encourage Skype users globally. To complete the verification process of your prize, you are required to send to this office via email the below verification requirements.

VERIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
All Fields Are Required 1. SCAN COPY OF INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT OR "NATIONAL ID CARD" OR "DRIVER'S LICENSE.
2. AWARD CODE NUMBER : 3. FULL NAMES: 4. GENDER: 5. MARITAL STATUS: 6. OCCUPATION: 7. NATIONALITY: 8. MOBILE/PHONE NUMBER: 9. AMOUNT WON:
For quick verification of your details and processing of your prize PLEASE CALL : Tel: +44-703-592-7887(working days only)as soon as you send your verification requirements.
Awaiting your reply.

Yours Sincerely,
Dr. David Jakes
( skype financial officer)
Tel: +44-703-592-7887
Fax: +44-844-774-2679

Copyright © 2013 SKYPE LTD.

This communication the property of Skype Ltd and is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is addressed regarding his won promotional prize, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged information. Please contact us immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.

techfreak
Community Ambassador

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Skype Corporate Message (support@asba.com)

Skype "Corporate" Message from support at Arizona Small Business Association?

Skype "Reward" program? lucky numbers?  Don't worry next year it will say 2014.

Nothing legitamate about that.  The Smartscreen mail filter was correct about it being suspicous.  

100% fake/falso.

View solution in original post
shahriarhus
Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 15 (3,063 Views)

Re: skype award

This is a well known scamming.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6484
Message 2 of 15 (3,052 Views)

[ Edited ]

Re: Skype Award Program:

Here is my Skype message regarding My winning an Award too. Very suspicious to me. Anyone at Skype can verify this?

" [12:51:20 PM] skype award: Congratulations!!!

Your skype account was selected as one of the four lucky winner of £1.000.000.00 Great British Pounds Sterling in the ongoing Free Online SKYPE  promotions in this  year's  2013 and which was recently held in the United Kingdom,And you Happened to be One.  Here is your claims code: "SK214YPE" .  For claims: Simply Send claims code To Free Online Board Service Headquarters  Below.

[Mod edit: Please do not include personal/private information when making a public post. Thanks!]

mrsunshinecan
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 15 (2,995 Views)

You shouldn't need verification from anyone at Skype.  You can web search any part of this message to disprove it's illegitimacy.  Apparently everyone is a winner.   Just another scam with a lottery theme.   This seems to be a very popular Nigerian/419 scam.

Key points that stand out like a sore thumb:

1.  No legitimate contest of this nature exists.

2.  The whole message is random, unprofessional, and composed of very bad English

3.  The email address is a bogus name you can make up yourself by simply signing up for a new account at live.com .(i.e.  IamTheSkypeCEO@live.com) 

4.  The UK number is using a +44-70 prefix denoting the use of international call forwarding services,  So while you may dial a UK number it forwards you to a number in a different part of the world (i.e. Nigeria) where the scammers are located for the time being.

So block and report the user for abuse.  Do not email that address or call that phone number.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1456
Message 4 of 15 (2,992 Views)

skype reward program 2013.

• Redeem Prize.‏

05:33 p.m.

Imagen de Skype Corporate Message

De:Skype Corporate Message (support@asba.com) Tu filtro de correo no deseado está definido como exclusivo.
Enviado:lunes, 21 de octubre de 2013 05:33:30 p.m.
Para: 

Este mensaje parece sospechoso según nuestros filtros de SmartScreen y lo eliminaremos transcurridos diez días.

Hello,

lucky numbers: 6, 15, 24, 33, 42, 51

You have been awarded USD 216,000 in the skype reward program 2013.

Reply to claim reward.

Best Regards,
Skype Reward Program

Deadline: 23st October 2013

• © 2013 Microsoft

interdictor2
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 15 (2,762 Views)

Re: skype reward program 2013.

Skype "Corporate" Message from support at Arizona Small Business Association?

Skype "Reward" program? lucky numbers?  Don't worry next year it will say 2014.

Nothing legitamate about that.  The Smartscreen mail filter was correct about it being suspicous.  

100% fake/falso.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Message 6 of 15 (2,760 Views)

How many ways can you say "Identity Theft?"

Maybe you have missed the memo: ANY time ANYONE asks for your personal information over the phone, iternet, or email... you need to put up your "RED FLAG".

Most companies will NOT initiate a request for personally identifying information.  In other words... in order to JOIN, PURCHASE, or APPLY for something, YOU are usually the one initiating the process.  You go to their website.  If someone comes to YOU - BE SUSPICIOUS.

I received a similar email - which is how I found you.. looking for a "report phishing" email address for Skype's security division.

OptimisticToo
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 15 (2,341 Views)

You can report/forward a copy of the phising e-mail to abuse@skype.net.  I would also highly suggest you report it to your e-mail provider since most of these e-mails have less to do with Skype and more to do with running a scam regardless of the "fill in the blank" company name they use.  Your e-mail provider can filter those types of e-mails out of your inbox.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Message 8 of 15 (2,336 Views)

[ Edited ]

Christopher Foster

‎10‎:‎45‎ ‎PM                

Congratulations From Skype!!!
We are pleased to inform you of the result of the Skype Award Winners International programs held today. Your Skype account has won you £500,000.00 Pounds, attached to lucky numbers 34-00-45-28 which consequently won in the 1st category, you have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of ( Five Hundred Thousand Great Britain Pounds )
To claim your winning prize please contact our cash department with your name, tel number and address via the email below,
[Mod edit: Please do not include personal/private information when making a public post. Thanks!]
Best Regards, Mr. Christopher Foster Skype Customer Service © 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft.

IS IT TRUE OR WHAT?????
ZainBaba
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 15 (1,856 Views)

Dear Readers,

The above is a scam, and probably if you click on any links, you may find yourself with malware or lead to reveal your personally identifiable bank and/or credit card account details.

Confirming once again these and all such copies are scams.  Skype would never sponsor let alone condone such schemes.

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1945
Message 10 of 15 (1,737 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling