skype account restricted

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

skype account restricted

[ Edited ]

I bought a skype unlimited call to India. I am using it for calling relatives, local call and my friends. Suddenly I got an email stating below:

Fair usage policy violation blocking

We have noticed some prohibited usage of your Skype subscription.

As a result, your subscription will be terminated within the next 24 hours, moreover, you will no longer be able to use or purchase any of Skype’s paid-for products.

The suspension of your access to Skype paid-for products is permanent and you will be unable to transfer any existing paid-for products to a new Skype account, or receive a refund. However, you will be able to continue to make Skype-to-Skype calls and send instant messages.

"

No explanation and nothing.

Is this fair to block my paid subscription without even a single warning? In the middle of my ongoing subscription?

Please note these points :

1)     This Skype id is maximum login on three devices – my two smartphones and a Pc.

2)     Mostly long calls are on selected approx 5 numbers which are of relatives,my wife.

3)     Mostly short call are to my big circle of friends and my wife also uses to call her relatives as this is our family account..cant we do it?

4)     Total no of calls I don’t know is how much but its our account and me , my wife our kids all like to use what we bought. But surely there are not millions of calls we do from this…..

This is so sad and irritating being a such long customer of skype iam facing this. Earlier we used to use the calling option from PC so the calls may be less in number last year but these year we started using skype on smart phones via wifi so our numbers increased….but is this wrong? We are using our smartphones J

Iam real wondering what should I do as I have left around 25 euros in my account and iam the person who was till date so impressed with skype that I have recommended it to all my friends , relatives’…I was a big fan but then this happened…

Please skype customer service team I couldn’t find how to contact you so please consider all the points I said above and before kicking me out let me know my fault..

Pleaseeeeeeeeeee….

My id – [Removed for privacy]

Email – (removed)

Full name : (removed)

phone : (removed)

"Skype fair policy:

• Using subscriptions for telemarketing or call centre operations;
  • Re-selling subscription minutes;
  • Sharing subscriptions between users whether via a PBX, call centre, computer or any other means;
  • Calling numbers (whether singly, sequentially or automatically) to generate income for yourself or others as a result of placing the call, other than for your individual business communications (and subject to Section 4.1 of the Terms of Use); and
  • Unusual calling patterns inconsistent with normal, individual subscription use, for example, regular calls of short duration or calls to multiple numbers in a short period of time.

"

I am wondering which clause I violated????

poojatanwar
Reliable Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 2 (128 Views)

Re: skype account restricted

[ Edited ]

Hello,

NEVER post personal data on this public internet website. You just gave the entire worldwide internet your phone #, e-mail address etc. This is an open invitation to spammers, scammers and worse! I've removed the information.

To address your query please contact Skype customer service

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1328
Message 2 of 2 (111 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling