sexs ads

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

sexs ads

i am 16 years old and about 4 mounds ago i start geting sex ads on my skype acount i dont get wy.

if more peopel have this problem woud you tell me how to get rid of it.

thanks a lot

geertjan
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 1 of 4 (1,128 Views)

Re: sexs ads

can you describe those 'ads' in details?

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1550
Message 2 of 4 (1,123 Views)

Hi, Geertjan,

On the other hand, I would prefer not to see the contents of the advertisements you are unfortunately receiving!  :surprised:

Please do report these advertisements and the Skype account names of who is sending them to you to Skype via e-mail: abuse@skype.net

Block every sender and click Report as Abuse or Spam, whichever option is presented to you when you Block the sender.

Further, check your privacy settings to ensure you can receive calls and messages from people on your contact list only, and be sure to click Save if you make changes to your settings.  Make sure your profile is clean: there is nothing forcing anyone to add personal details such as gender and birth date which default to public view.  Set all as "unspecified" or "blank."  You may also consider changing your picture or avatar to something neutral.

If you are an on-line gamer, you may be in a different situation.  You may need to consider setting up a new Skype account for you to share with your friends, and reserve the other for your on-line gaming people only.  Just a thought.

Last and certainly not least, do not ever click on any links included in these horrid advertisements.  Almost all of them will lead to malware, viruses, or other malicious content being installed on your computer.

Kind regards,

Elaine (who is a Mom)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1795
Message 3 of 4 (1,081 Views)

thay are just ads for site that link to live webcamsex en dating sites for direct sex 

geertjan
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 4 of 4 (1,058 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling