Re: recovering suspended account

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

This has happend to me twice now over many years of using Skype. The recovery process is ridiculous compared to any other comparable service. and compared to the simple process of sign up. You also loose any Skype credit as a result. This is unacceptable, if Skype are trying to encourage competitors they couldn't be doing a better job. Anyway, I'm off to look for a better alternative.

Snapper.VTR
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 11 of 57 (556 Views)

I'm a victim of this crapy system as well.
My account got suspended for no reason and I've filled out the form so many times, but not a decent help. The worst part is that I still have money in the account, I can only log in ,but not to make a call. I guess Skype is willing to take a risk of another class law suit...
Posted from Samsung GT-I9300
chieh117
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 12 of 57 (549 Views)

Same useless runaround from Skype, with getting into my now-defunct account. I can understand why so many people have multiple Skype accounts. I hope that all these "dead" accounts glog up their system completely. I'm going elsewhere.

C/

workSkype1
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 13 of 57 (529 Views)

Maybe Micro$oft Skype don't want to fix this issue. Maybe this is the way they can say they have such an amazing number of users. On paper the number may be double the real size. Look at the older statistics of skype: http://www.statisticbrain.com/skype-statistics/. Maybe the total number of 31 million of skype users in 2012 is bloated by a factor of 5. Because people can not cancel their accounts and they can no activate a blocked accounts. The only chance they get is to open a new account; and Micro$oft skype can brag about the high number of users they have.

skypefour
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 26
Message 14 of 57 (516 Views)

It's laughable that Skype labeled your post as "Solution Accepted" when it's clear that Skype is not providing any sort of solution. 

Still trying.

SeaJim67
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 15 of 57 (496 Views)

I'm quite sure you're correct skypefour.

Might be time to start letting the big wide world know about the scam, especially if they're blocking accounts that have credit and not allowing people to get back in there and claim it. That's clerarcut fraud and Denial of Service.

workSkype1
Casual Adventurer
Message 16 of 57 (488 Views)

Now this is really rich - an auto message from Skype, for my troubles:

Congratulations, workSkype1!

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Casual Tourist.

We appreciate your efforts and hope you will continue to be an active member of the community.

Thanks!

The Skype Community Team

Bless them! (not)

workSkype1
Casual Adventurer
Message 17 of 57 (484 Views)

This is clearly a sign that this forum goes on auto pilot. Nobody at skype is even monitoring the posts to help or give some minimal feedback. 

skypefour
Casual Adventurer
Message 18 of 57 (480 Views)

Dear Readers,

Here is a sign (confirmation, actually) that the Community is really not on auto-pilot!   Skype hosts this Community, so whilst there may not always be participation from Skype staff, please be assured all activities are monitored.

This thread (discussion, conversation) and others related to this thread's topic have been noted for review by those to whom I report.

Best regards,

Elaine

Community Moderator

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1956
Message 19 of 57 (463 Views)

Dear Elaine,

Thank you for the reply!

I really hope you can be instrumental in forwarding our concerns and issues regarding recovering blocked accounts to the people able to make some changes to the system.

I feel that if we can not unlock our accounts, even if (in my case) we suggest being contacted directly to make sure no faul play is involved, the system is broken and needs to be fixed.

skypefour
Casual Adventurer
Message 20 of 57 (459 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling