"URGENT NOTICE" call.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"URGENT NOTICE" call.

This evening while I was talking to someone via video chat, a random call popped up on my screen from someone called "URGENT NOTICE". Their Skype name was usa.urgent.notice.a09. I declined their call and blocked them as I was very suspicious.

Has anyone else had this type of call before?

SimpleStephanie
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 25 (12,950 Views)

Re: "URGENT NOTICE" call.

please also report the user to abuse@skype.net.  most likely it's one of those scam/spam calls.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1564
Message 2 of 25 (12,949 Views)

Yes, I got one last night.   I ignored it.   Then five minutes later, the same spammer sent another one.

I'm trying to find out how to block this crap.   It is an invasion of privacy.

silverapples
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 25 (12,102 Views)

please visit the thread below for instructions and suggestions on how to deal with such unwanted and suspicious activities;

How to Handle Suspicious Calls, Messages and Contact Requests (Scam/Spam)

:happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Primemover
Power User
Message 4 of 25 (12,099 Views)

I have been contacted by a user called "Urgentrequest" who threatened me to by their "security software. I consider this an very serious breach of my privacy and to the security of my information and computer. I demand to speak to the responsible person at skype, since I am seriously considering leaving your services which up till today I considered safe.  

I have tried to write to you on the feedback and I was told I do not have an internet conection which I obviously have to be able to write to you!

THis needs to be sorted straigth away it is a shame I can even let you know directly and have to come to a forum!!!

miguelsantillan
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 25 (12,043 Views)

miguelsantillan wrote:

I have been contacted by a user called "Urgentrequest" who threatened me to by their "security software. I consider this an very serious breach of my privacy and to the security of my information and computer. I demand to speak to the responsible person at skype, since I am seriously considering leaving your services which up till today I considered safe.  

I have tried to write to you on the feedback and I was told I do not have an internet conection which I obviously have to be able to write to you!

THis needs to be sorted straigth away it is a shame I can even let you know directly and have to come to a forum!!!

the possibility to receive such unwanted calls usually depends on the user's privacy settings.  once it is set to allow calls and IMs from people in their contact list only, there should be no way for non-contacts scammers to contact that user.  Yet, as you want a response from someone in Skype (I understand that personal opinions like mine are sometimes not useful or helpful), you can send an email to contactus@skype.net.  

Primemover
Power User
Message 6 of 25 (12,038 Views)

I received a call from "URGENT NOTICE" yesterday.  I answered it, as I was expecting a call from someone.  I hung up immediately and ran full anti-virus and anti-spyware scans, which found nothing.

I checked my settings, and saw that under Tools>Options>Privacy Settings, I had selected "Allow calls from anyone".  I changed that to "Allow calls from people in my Contact list only".  That should prevent this kind of thing in the future.

samcham
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 25 (12,006 Views)

Can anyone help - I have just had all the credit taken from my account with calls every minute to Egypt and the far east. Luckily my auto top up did not work.

Who can i report this to as well as posting it as a link to URGENT NOTICE.

I will definitely NOT be using the paid skype again unless this can be explained

kustur3
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 25 (11,922 Views)

I had the same problem, thinking it was an urgent notification from skype and unfortunately, i picked it up! Now i have lost my ability to video chat on skype!!!!!!! please help!!! They say I have a connection problem but i obviously dont to be able to write this post!

I checked my internet connection with skype as well and the test said it was fast.

I use skype to talk to my family. I am so sad I cannot video chat with my family now!!!

Of course, I changed my settings now to receive calls non contacts. How was I suppose to know the default setting is to receive calls from anyone! It shouldnt be!

How can I regain my skype video call function????! I cant even make a non-video call on skype!

metricwitch
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 25 (11,738 Views)

If you are using Win7 Please try this:

Open Windows Event Viewer. Go to Custom Views -> Administrative Events. Look for the recent error messages. Click on any errors and post the details here if they happen at the time things fail.

Otherwise do this:

Using your Windows Control Panel:

Adminstrator Tools -> Event Viewer

Click on System and later Applications, do you see any errors logged during the times this happens, if so what errors ("If you click on the errors you can get more details and copy/paste them here")?

Also, please check times after you reboot to see if any errors are produced when you system is restarting.

Are you current with ALL Windows Updates and any Updates from your manufacturers web site for your system and any attached devices?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 580
Message 10 of 25 (11,704 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling