physically robbed by skype user, possiblity of tra...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

physically robbed by skype user, possiblity of tracing them?

[ Edited ]

Hi all, unfortunately today i was robbed by a person who I had invited into my home hoping to help them in a difficult situation.  I have no way of locating this person apart from their skype user name, as they had used my computer to access thier account, is there any way that i can try to locate this person through skype or anyone who can assist me in locating them using this information.  I will add that I am in a location where the police are not much use, too busy making money from corruption to actually catch any criminals, so I am trying to locate this person myself.  I appreciate any advice, thanks.

jeth
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (122 Views)

Re: physically robbed by skype user, possiblity of tracing them?

jeth wrote:

1. is there any way that i can try to locate this person through skype.

2. I will add that I am in a location where the police are not much use, too busy making money from corruption to actually catch any criminals.

Hello and I am sorry to learn of your misfortune.

1. Unfortunately we can't provide any personal details of the user unless requested to do so by an official law enforcement agency.

2. I can see your location and understand your statement.

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1461
Message 2 of 3 (117 Views)

Re: physically robbed by skype user, possiblity of tracing them?

many thanks for the reply, good to at least know if there was any chance of catching up with this guy.. as they say, never trust s hippy!
jeth
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (114 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling