I know the email address for my other account and have sent 5 password resets, they all gave 2 options to click a link or manualy input a reset token, I have tried both options multiple times and keep getting an erroe saying " Sorry that password token is not recognized, please try entering it again or get another password token."
Why woun't the password reset tokens work?
I've had to create a brand new account as the password recovery process was simply and fundamentally broken.
I'm having exactly the same issue - Password Token is wrong!
Come on Skype get it together, we can't be the only ones, there must be thousands of folks trying to reset there passwords.
I created a new account but now have to add all my contacts!!
Ahh I get it!! Skype muck up the password reset deliberately, user creates a NEW account, walah! a new user to add to their list. More users = more advertising revenue! clever
Questions related to non-working password re-set tokens must be directed to Skype Customer Service. We here in the Community do not have access to Skype accountholder files or records, and therefore have no facility to research or re-send more "tokens."
Hope the below ... slightly annotated ... instructions regarding how to contact customer service are helpful.
How can I contact Skype Customer Service?
Skype offers help and support through:
- The Skype Support website
- The Skype Community
- The Heartbeat blog
- Skype blogs
- Email and Live chat (for eligible customers)
To get help with the issue you’re experiencing:
- Go to the Support request page. (You will be asked to sign on to the Skype website at this first step.)
- Select the topic or the topic most closely related to the one that you need help with and the problem you’re experiencing. Some information that might help with your problem is displayed. (These are the FAQ articles, which indeed have information which would resolve most issues. Continue on, if they do not.)
- If you still feel that the information doesn’t help, click the Continue support request button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select your contact method. We recommend that you check our Skype Community first. (No need to return to the Community, if that is where you started. Almost all account-related and all payment & billing issues must be referred to Skype Customer Service.)
- If you chose email, enter your details, describe your problem, and then click Send support request. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.
We don’t currently provide telephone support.
If a reply answered your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button so others following in your footsteps can find what works! If anyone helped you, you can show your appreciation and thanks by clicking on the "Kudos" button!
Good reads: Devise good passwords, stop password attacks
and basic rules for online safety.
Please review and consider ... Benefits of frequent upgrading
Please, send Private Messages only upon request.