my skype account was hacked!! how can I get my mon...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

my skype account was hacked!! how can I get my money back ?

[ Edited ]

My Skype account was hacked few hours ago, an online number was bought, plus a lot of credit was used.

How can I get my money back ?

I don't see contact support anywhere..please help :sad:

sanctus31
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (939 Views)

Re: my skype account was hacked!! how can I get my money back ?

You can contact customer service as shown here: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/How-can-I-contact-Skype-Customer-Service

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 749
Message 2 of 6 (919 Views)

I too was hacked two days ago. Goes to show that clearly the issue was on Skype's end and not as they tried to claim on mine. Know that Skype is completely unwilling to refund any of the funds or handle this matter in any way. Their helpful advise will be to tell you to change your password and they'll be sure to thank you for your patience and understanding when they tell you they won't return your money.

They wouldn't even return the credit that was left in my account without my closing the account.
rashizb
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 3 of 6 (908 Views)

My account has also been hacked. I have now lost £80 and skype is refusing to refund it. I'm porting my number to another service and cancelling my skype account. The customer service is appalling.

ecorgm
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 6 (903 Views)

Same thing happened to me.  Skype is a TERRIBLE company to deal with.  I only lost 80 pence < 1USD so I don't really care, but I will never load credit onto my account again.  Skype just lost a customer. Apart from any free services they have. 

I don't see how my account was hacked, I use it very rarley. It just autologs in. I run it on a networked business PC and the IT guys can't find any viruses/trojons on it.  

Skype don't care about their customers from my experiences with them

flatpro
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 6 (617 Views)

My account was just hacked and a call was made to a cell phone in Indonesia. The hacker changed my account to auto-refill and tried twice to charge my card. But, my card had changed and their recharge was rejected, so I only had to pay for the one call.

I had a live text conversation with Skype and the main thing they said was that I am responsible for the security lapse and that they will not refund a single cent!

I do not want to store my current credit card on Skype anymore. Can you wonder why?

Ron_1
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 6 (607 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling