Re: military scam

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

military scam

[ Edited ]

This general oliver bonvinchone he tried me to ask me to help him coz is daugther is sick need treatment asking for help .i was so mad .to him , i told him you are general you make plenty of money and military will help you .i wiss i never delete all his massage .dont believe anything he say all bull **bleep**tttt con artist ,

Edited to conform with the Community Guidelines and
http://www.skype.com/en/legal/etiquette/

Please use plain text.
tigerbeng1126
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 12 (770 Views)

report that user to abuse@skype.net for possible misuse of Skype services.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!

ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Please use plain text.
Skype-User
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 516
Message 2 of 12 (761 Views)

I have received messages from 3 people claiming to be high ranking Generals in Afghanistan. My husband is deployed there now, so this does not sit well with me.
Posted from Apple iPad
Please use plain text.
HBTaylor
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 12 (746 Views)

I have the same, my husband is also in Afghanistan and suddenly I get contact requests from Fake Generals....It worries me also:sad:

Stupid thing...I have all my privacy settings for contacting me only for my contacts. I chose the option NOT to be seen on the web....still I got these request. I already contacted skype but they didn't answered

Please use plain text.
justaskypeuser
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 12 (738 Views)

Mine started right after he deployed, as well. And I have my profile set to where only people who are contacts are supposed to be able to contact me. Clearly that doesn't work. I have nothing on my profile that indicates I'm affiliated with the military in any way, so it seems odd that I keep getting these messages. Frustrates me, worries me and angers me that someone is pretending to be in the service.

Please use plain text.
HBTaylor
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 12 (734 Views)

Me also, there is nothing that lead to any information related to Afghanistan or Militairy...very strange and strange from Skype that they don't have the privacy setting correct!

I normally never use skype, only when my husband is on a mission, Skype does know then that I have contact with Afghanistan.......so there is something wrong with the privacy of skype maybe? Skype don't answer me...

Please use plain text.
justaskypeuser
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 12 (732 Views)

[ Edited ]

you can add another name to this one it´s John H Bavinchove and he passes himself off as a Cardiologist,says he is from Syria and been working 2 years without pay and was now closing on his contract and had all this money he needed to get out of the country. when he mentioned UN courier and wanted my full address, Passport telephone number I knew it was a scam.

because I googled and found out all information about this scam I took a risk and trapped him, he will ask you to open a Yahoo messenger and still use skype,  also introduces you to his son through Yahoo messenger and gives you a false mobile number to call him.who is in school in Liverpool, he is very convincing, but i was even more . I reported him to skype and Yahoo hopefully it will help others.

Please use plain text.
cindymccone08
Tourist
Message 7 of 12 (502 Views)

Ive had one today that seems a bit odd..Says he is Peter Chiarelli: I am retired general peter chiarelli,i am an american but currently in Libya on UN peacekeeping operations..need toblock him now ive rad all these

Please use plain text.
nannykaz
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 12 (451 Views)

I have one today and she really made me to believe her she ask me to send money to his Son when i called the Son it was big mature man answering me as a son and with African Voice, this is her full name,  CARMEL ELIS while her skype name is  IRONBUTERLY16 she claimed she is from United Kingdom she is 44 year old i will also post her pictures too in google scam picture at list this will also help some people from this lady. 

Please use plain text.
Osohdavid
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 12 (281 Views)

Please skype should into this name and skype id very fast because this woman threatened  me and my family and i know this is a man from her word to me, skype kindly block this name and skype ID from contact people and she said to me even if skype check his skype name it's will not show that she have been sending messages out to people please kindly block this person she is so bad, here is her name and skype id too. SKYPE NAME:[alexander.lambell16 she is from United Kingdom.

Please use plain text.
Osohdavid
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 12 (221 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling