lol is this your new picture on skype [link remove...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

lol is this your new picture on skype [link removed] virus

so some one on my freinds list sent it to me and i cant get it off it keeps reviving it self and i dont know what to do PLEASE HELP

cbargeton
Novel Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

The file that is downloading through the goo.gl shortened address redirecting to [invalid URL].

First, I sent an abuse report to google and hotfile.

The analysis of this file on virustotal ([invalid URL]) show that this file is infected with a new virus found only by 4 antivirus. (they were only 2 one hour ago).

Here is some more informations on this virus :

[invalid URL]

[invalid URL]

[invalid URL]

It looks like this virus modifies startup information and is launched each time the PC starts.

Check startup values using a tool like CCleaner, and check for exe on you AppData folder.

View solution in original post
ctj169
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 11 (23,651 Views)

Re: lol is this your new picture on skype [link removed] virus

my contacts got the same messages, what to do?

knopo444ka
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 11 (23,634 Views)

I just posted in the older thread about how to check your computer for it.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Security-Privacy-Trust-and/I-m-have-very-big-problems/m-p/1095340/high...

I haven't been able to track down where it's hiding in the registry as the computer I was working on didn't get its registry infected. If you follow that and it's still respawning itself then you need to get help hunting the virus out of your registry.
Raelcun
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 11 (23,583 Views)

So i accidentally clicked it and something started to open in browser but close I'm hoping my anti-virus shut it down but something also downloaded? I didn't open that just deleted it. Does it mean I'm safe? Currently scanning pc just to be sure.

lionheart623
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 11 (23,454 Views)

I've have catched it as well. It's  probably a new version because Symantec Endpoint Protection have not reacted at it, when i've acked to check that archive. O_o

To clean up you have to do following steps:

1.Change Status in Skype to "I have catched a virus!!! Do not go by the link!". If it is possible delete all the mesages virus had sent.

2.Uninstall Skype.

3.Run msconfig. Search for suspicious autoorun files from c:\users\YourUSER\appdata\... (I had pmpupj.exe)take out checkmark and write down location and file name

4. Go to that location and delete that file and all other suspicious files with same size as it( there were almost ten files with names CF??).

5. Run regedit and search for the file name from step 2. delete all the keys and folders that search have found.
6. Reboot in safe mode, run msconfig if yu still have it there do steps 3-5.

It have helped me.

Ptichko
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 11 (23,390 Views)

It seems part of this trojan is installing the "ZeroAccess" trojan. There's a removal tool for this from Symantec: http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2012-100303-2452-99&tabid=3

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12928
Message 6 of 11 (23,225 Views)

how will i know if i got rid of it? it only sent it around once for me but its repeating for my friend

lach971
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 11 (22,027 Views)

try this.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Skype-spam-virus/m-p/1092504/highlight/true#M82322

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6240
Message 8 of 11 (21,385 Views)

Try this howto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wWkErYwiuU

NJ123
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 11 (20,811 Views)

The file that is downloading through the goo.gl shortened address redirecting to [invalid URL].

First, I sent an abuse report to google and hotfile.

The analysis of this file on virustotal ([invalid URL]) show that this file is infected with a new virus found only by 4 antivirus. (they were only 2 one hour ago).

Here is some more informations on this virus :

[invalid URL]

[invalid URL]

[invalid URL]

It looks like this virus modifies startup information and is launched each time the PC starts.

Check startup values using a tool like CCleaner, and check for exe on you AppData folder.

cbargeton
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 11 (20,747 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling