live or fake video? can I be fooled?

Welcome To get started please read our short introduction.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

live or fake video? can I be fooled?

[ Edited ]

Question, can a person from ghana video call me on skype and talk to me and really be showing me a prerecorded vidio and not be live or in real time?? The reason I ask is that it looks like the conversation does not match the web cam vidio that i am looking at.
 thank you in advance,

carlbaldwin2
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 9 (11,199 Views)

Re: live or fake video? can I be fooled?

having the same question , but from someone from cote d'ivoir( right next to ghana) altough the video qhould be of medium quality , it stalls and sometimes I think ime looking at the same images. Its just been going on , these calls , for a few days but i wonder to if its possible. the way the conversation seems all to weird and good to be trough but we  cannot spaek on microphone. hope Skype can look into this issue

thierrys
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 9 (11,122 Views)

there have been several, actually numerous reports of scammers using pre-recorded videos then blackmailing their "victims".  

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

0 Kudos
Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1907
Message 3 of 9 (11,109 Views)

[ Edited ]

do a skype search for [account name redacted] and tell me if you see a black guy or a woman according to the profile picture I think this person is a scammer and I can not confirm it

0 Kudos
handyman112479
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 9 (9,340 Views)

carlbaldwin2 wrote:

Question, can a person from ghana video call me on skype and talk to me and really be showing me a prerecorded vidio and not be live or in real time?? The reason I ask is that it looks like the conversation does not match the web cam vidio that i am looking at.
 thank you in advance,

yes, with the use of a third party software, such is indeed possible.

0 Kudos
VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 276
Message 5 of 9 (9,317 Views)

DEAR ALL

NOW A DAYS, YOU GET A VERY GOOD LOOKING #GIRLS #FACEBOOK REQUEST, AND ASKED YOU TO COME ON #SKYPE, AND THEY SHOW YOU FAKE #VIDEOS WITHOUT VOICE BECUASE THEY INSERT VIDEOS THROUGH #SOFTWARES SUCH AS #CAMSOFT AND ALL. THEY ASK YOU FOR MOENY BY ANY MEANS SUCH AS I HAVE BEEN ASKED THAT HER LAPTOP IS NOT WORKING, AND NEED 350 OR 500 US #DOLLARS FOR REPAIR OR NEW #LAPTOP AND HER NANY IS SICK AND SHE IS UNABLE TO PAY BILLS AND ALL THAT CRAP.

I REQUEST, BEWARE EVERYONE OF YOU TO STAY SAFE AND IF ANYONE COMES TO YOU AND DIRECTLY SAY THAT THEY ARE IN LOVE WITH YOU AND YOU ARE SO #BEAUTIFUL AND ALL THAT CRAP. PLEASE GO AND GOOGLE A LITTLE AND YOU WILL FIND EVERYTHING.

I JUST TYPED THAT CAN WE ADD #FAKE VIDEO TO SKYPE AND I GOT SO MUCH OUT OF IT, AS SOON AS I GAVE THIS PAGE LINK TO HER, SHE CLOSED HER VIDEO AND SAID ME BYE THAT I DO NOT TRUST HER. BUL**bleep**

WHEN I SAID I AM MUSLIM, SHE BECAME #MUSLIM AND WHEN I SAID I AM #CHRISTIAN, SHE BECAME CHRISTIAN FOR ME TOO. LOLS

I HAD FUN FOR AROUND 5 DAYS AND NOW ALL THIS AHHAHAHAAA.

I AM SHARING THESE IMAGES FROM THE VIDEO CHAT AND YES I WASN'T HEARING HER VOICE. ROTFL

REGARDS

ASAD ANWER ZAKARIA

KARACHI, PAKISTAN

Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 5.04.11 pm.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-24 at 5.04.11 pm.png

asads-community
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 9 (4,331 Views)

Hey Assad nicely put. I just had a similar experience. Well still having it and did a quick google search and found your post.

No interaction with the camera at all although apparently did see me - but didn't wave etc when I waved. Then got up in the third call and did a sexy twirl as if promoting an adult video call service.

What was interesting was that the first two video calls were wearing one top and the next three were wearing a completely different one

So a bit of baiting going on right now whilst I trace route the sender 😄
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Kudos
Spikeywikey
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 9 (2,982 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello right now I'm having the same issue with a lady name
[Scammer account information redacted by Moderator.]
She is real nice and all the things you said she is telling me!! And she looks real pretty and nice and the perfect girl almost Jajaja but I just called her in web cam and she said she can't use the microphone on her computer because it's not working... So I only see a video who I think is not her!! And she is asking me for money so she can fix her computer and talk to me still!!!
I know all this is fake so please don't fall for this tricks because they are very tricky!! And if Skype or someone can help find these people who are doing this please do something about it because they are making people change to another company because on skype it's full with people who do this evil games with peoples feelings. So I gave you all the info so if someone can please eliminate them. So we can still enjoy the great service that SKYPE gives us!! Thanks!!

Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Kudos
Erik.pi.c
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 9 (2,265 Views)

Dear Readers,

Typing the words "blackmail scam" in the search box above the topics, or threads, listed for this message board will quickly reveal a long list of items discussing this subject.  Many people have posted their experiences and advice.  For instance, please see here:

Readers will also see several referrals to the Scam Survivors website. 

While it may seem helpful to post a list of account names that are being used (actually, abused) by scammers, unfortunately what seems to be occurring is upon finding that the particular account name has been recognized, the scammers simply quit using that particular account name and create a new Skype account or a variant of it.

We are only helping the scammers by adding account names and other details to a public website.   In addition, our Community Guidelines clearly state posting personally identifiable information is not best practice.

Regards,

Elaine

Community Moderator

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tip: Change your passwords often!

0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 2638
Message 9 of 9 (2,201 Views)

© 2015 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling