live or fake video? can I be fooled?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

live or fake video? can I be fooled?

[ Edited ]

Question, can a person from ghana video call me on skype and talk to me and really be showing me a prerecorded vidio and not be live or in real time?? The reason I ask is that it looks like the conversation does not match the web cam vidio that i am looking at.
 thank you in advance,

carlbaldwin2
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 5 (4,321 Views)

Re: live or fake video? can I be fooled?

having the same question , but from someone from cote d'ivoir( right next to ghana) altough the video qhould be of medium quality , it stalls and sometimes I think ime looking at the same images. Its just been going on , these calls , for a few days but i wonder to if its possible. the way the conversation seems all to weird and good to be trough but we  cannot spaek on microphone. hope Skype can look into this issue

thierrys
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 5 (4,244 Views)

there have been several, actually numerous reports of scammers using pre-recorded videos then blackmailing their "victims".  

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1478
Message 3 of 5 (4,231 Views)

do a skype search for christina.andy and tell me if you see a black guy or a woman according to the profile picture I think this person is a scammer and I can not confirm it

handyman112479
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 5 (2,462 Views)

carlbaldwin2 wrote:

Question, can a person from ghana video call me on skype and talk to me and really be showing me a prerecorded vidio and not be live or in real time?? The reason I ask is that it looks like the conversation does not match the web cam vidio that i am looking at.
 thank you in advance,

yes, with the use of a third party software, such is indeed possible.

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 226
Message 5 of 5 (2,439 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling