i keep on receiving welcome emails

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

i keep on receiving welcome emails

Hi,

On my email address, I keep on receiving induction emails from skype for user accounts that I never created. I receive around 5 emails per day and it's getting very annoying.

I did talk to skype support but they said there's nothing they could do.

My email address is not in any spammer's databases and I dont get any other spam at all (i am very careful where I am submiting my email).

Any ideas how to stop the welcome emails?

thanks,

Alex

alex_ivaylov
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (1,184 Views)

Re: i keep on receiving welcome emails

I am very surprised that support said there is nothing they can do, can you please click the support link at the bottom of the page, and try again, if you get the same response, please let us know here.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 575
Message 2 of 4 (1,182 Views)

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, I think there is indeed no way to stop those email from coming.  Anyone (not necessarily spammers) who knows your email address can register a Skype account using it (Skype currently doesn't employ email verification when users are creating an account).  But I think Skype should have some option to block your email from registering any additional accounts (asumming that you also have no more intentions of creating another account under that email address).

Just some suggestions, you can block emails from skype (but this one is that really not that advisable as all types of email from them will be blocked), or create a separate folder for skype emails and divert all emails from them in that folder.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1478
Message 3 of 4 (1,180 Views)

My username stolen by someone.can he use now my skype account?
Posted from Opera Mini 4
raju0251
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 4 (676 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling