how to log out from multiple places?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

how to log out from multiple places?

I use my skype account from/at multiple computers/laptops and sometimes forget to log out. Is there a possibility to see when I'm logged in at multiple places at the same time, and how do I log out from when I'm not behind that computer/laptop?

Thank you for your advice, Esther

EstherSXM
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 16
Message 1 of 10 (62,677 Views)

Re: how to log out from multiple places?

[ Edited ]

Hi, Esther, and welcome to the forum!

I wish there was a way to see how many places I'm logged in at the same time!  I have found that when I leave myself signed on and the computer re-boots/re-starts, I get signed off (I never have the box on the sign-in screen checked in that says "Sign Me In When Skype Starts"). The only remedy I know of is a VPN or software solution such as "Win VNC;" that allows you to log in to your other computer remotely and not only to retrieve files. 

Best regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1916
Message 2 of 10 (62,673 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Elaine,

Thank you for your reply.

Maybe it would be something to think about for the developpers of Skype to add as a option. I know that MSN Messenger had it, so it should be possiple. Do you know how I can suggest this to?

EstherSXM
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 16
Message 3 of 10 (62,670 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, EstherSXM,

Windows Live Messenger also has the facility to sign off from the current computer or all locations.  I suggest starting a new thread in the Skype Garage section of this Support Network.  The Garage board is frequented by the technical super-users who can pass along your idea to the folks at Skype.   Update!  This post (and most of this thread) is outdated.  You may add your suggestion to the Skype Lounge message board.  - Elaine, 31 August 2013

Best regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1916
Message 4 of 10 (62,668 Views)

Can my account be momentary shut down, such that it would close my account on other computers which I have logged into else where ?

0 Kudos
kennyjc24
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 10 (60,677 Views)

[ Edited ]

kennyjc24 wrote:

Can my account be momentary shut down, such that it would close my account on other computers which I have logged into else where ?

Just the same, you can simply change your password, then your account will be logged out from computers or devices where you're Skype username is logged in.

-> This recommendation remains accurate.  Elaine, 31 August 2013

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1646
Message 6 of 10 (60,668 Views)

I am logged in using a microsoft ID.  I changed the password on my microsoft account, Skype stayed logged in.  I manually shut Skype down and logged back in, the password had changed.

But Skype stayed open even though the password had changed.  Your suggestion may work for people who have Skype accounts but it doesn't look like it works for people who have migrated from Microsoft.

OpelGT
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 10 (58,508 Views)

I also hate that Skype doesn't show how many places that you're currently logged in from. MSN Messenger was so much better in that way. I am in a different situation where I have had a keylogger sent to my computer and someone who has been stalking me. I often used to find that I was logged in to messenger at multiple locations and that feature helped me to manage the privacy of my account. Now what options are there as far as Skype go? They really should add that feature, since even MSN messenger, which is supposedly the outdated version of Skype, had it. I do change my passwords obsessively and also scan my computer often, so please don't suggest that!! I just want to know about Skype and this feature specifically. Thank you so much in advance!

cagedtiger
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 8 of 10 (58,074 Views)

I too wish there were a simple way to control mutiple logged in sessions.  I live on skype and move between multiple PCs and android devices.  In addition to security issues, incoming calls frequently are routed to a different device.  Such problems reduce Skype's appeal as a primary communications tool.  Gmail and other apps include such features and they should be simple to implement, or is a backdoor used by the NSA to snoop on our Skype calls?

mysticrob
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 9 of 10 (53,876 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, I recently helped my friend who forgot to sign out from her skype account recently. I just loged in to her account from the website and changed the password. Skype software signs out it self when the password changed and it shows a message similar to this when it signed out.

Spoiler
You recently changed your password. Sign in with the new password to call a phone. This is a security measure to prevent your Skype account being abused.

I think this will help all of you who have this kind of problem. :happy:

-> This recommendation is correct!

Thread now closed.

Bye..

Isuru

0 Kudos
isurud3
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 10 (51,139 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling