Re: How do you disable caller ID?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

disabling caller ID

i use to be able to go into Manage features/ caller ID, and disable my number from being displayed when i make skype calls. not anymore. why was this disabled? can we get the ability to disable our caller ID?

reyesh
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (390 Views)

Re: disabling caller ID

Likewise, I cannot change my caller ID, it is very frustrating.
Patricfall
Casual Tourist
Message 2 of 7 (384 Views)

How do you disable caller ID?

bh1979
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 24
Message 3 of 7 (176 Views)

I have the same problem, I need to disable my Caller ID to call anonymous

RootPowered
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 7 (112 Views)

I have the same problem, I need to disable my Caller ID to call anonymous again.

RootPowered
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 7 (111 Views)

Hi, RootPowered,

Here is a link to the current instruction for changing Caller ID settings:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA2561/how-do-i-change-my-caller-identification-settings

This is a link to the library of FAQ articles related to Caller ID in general:

https://support.skype.com/en/category/CALLER_IDENTIFICATION/

If you find anything not working according to the instructions, please do post back noting what is incorrect or what is not working as it should.  Including your mobile device and/or computer, its operating system, and which web browser you are using would be helpful, as well.

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1854
Message 6 of 7 (104 Views)

Same problem and Skype remains useless. Just plain pathetic!

iwantananswer
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 7 (46 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling