cant sign in, says my password is wrong when it is...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

cant sign in, says my password is wrong when it isnt.

wont let me sig in at all, keep getting wrong password despite being positive its correct. tried doing password recovery and when i get to the part where u change the password after i type it in  both times and hit enter i get error messege telling to contact support. its my work account and recently got over 800 addrequest in the span of an hr last night, a friend has suggested that maybe it was to many people adding me or something. i fear maybe one of the more desperate individuals may have gotten access to it idk. but i really need to login for my work.

cosplaykitty69
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 12 (5,009 Views)

Re: cant sign in, says my password is wrong when it isnt.

This very same issue happened to me too. I'm still waiting on them to resolve it. I'm positive about my password, but it wouldn't let me login, and it won't generate a new token to reset the password either.

Not sure what's going on, but at least I know I'm not alone.

vsepanian
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 12 (5,004 Views)

[ Edited ]

My account name is [Removed for privacy] can anyone at skype check and see why I cannot log in?

cosplaykitty69
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 12 (4,984 Views)

cosplaykitty69 wrote:

wont let me sig in at all, keep getting wrong password despite being positive its correct. tried doing password recovery and when i get to the part where u change the password after i type it in  both times and hit enter i get error messege telling to contact support. its my work account and recently got over 800 addrequest in the span of an hr last night, a friend has suggested that maybe it was to many people adding me or something. i fear maybe one of the more desperate individuals may have gotten access to it idk. but i really need to login for my work.

in your case, you may indeed need to contact customer support to know if there are any issues involving your account - 

How to Contact Skype Customer Service

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1681
Message 4 of 12 (4,955 Views)

Well I contacted live soupport and they told me my account is fine and active and the problem is on skypes end whatever that means.

cosplaykitty69
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 12 (4,936 Views)

well after contacting soupport again, this time after talking to 2 people they finally told me my account is locked due to spam LOL, apprently I am just a spam bot and they won't unlock my account or even let me appeal it.

Pretty patheteic skype, your soupport is worthless I am sure you don't even check reported accounts just ban people who are getting harrased by trolls.

cosplaykitty69
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 12 (4,900 Views)

Same problem. I just signed up for Skype too. This does not bode well for them,

wizzbert
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 12 (3,688 Views)

omg me too and i hust made another account and tried to log in and it also says that my information is wrong :\ bot i can still log in to skype website with the same password and username and i cant also login with my email plz help

MrChickenNugget
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 12 (967 Views)

This just happened to me too! I changed my password twice, and both times I was able to log in to the website, but not to my own account. Any solutions yet?

LoveCats
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 12 (574 Views)

Plus, I tried to sign in through Facebook, and it wouldn't let me do that either!

LoveCats
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 12 (572 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling