can I see if someone is logged into my account?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

can I see if someone is logged into my account?

Hi there!

I am using my Skype account both at work and at home. Sometimes, I forget to logout from my work computer. This doesnt change my ability to login/logout at home however.

My question is, is there any way to check from home whether I am still logged in to my account from another computer? (i.e. work)

The follow-up question is: Can I remotely logout at my work computer whilst sitting at home? (with my home computer)

Thank you! :happy:

Cheers - Daniel

TheUberOverLord
Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Currently, this is somewhat of a little trick you could do.

Using the Skype client program window do:

Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Privacy Settings

If you see a "Show Advanced Options" button click on it.

Make sure the "Allow my status to be shown on the web" checkbox is checked, if not check it, and then click the "Save" button.

Logoff from Skype, and go here: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/tell-a-friend/wizard/

Enter your Skype name and change the Skype Status radio button to "Show" if you see yourself as online, you are logged in on another computer/device or someone is logged in as your Skype name.

View solution in original post
0 Kudos
danielbozi
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 13 (73,425 Views)

Re: can I see if someone is logged into my account?

Hi Daniel,

If you change your password then you will be logged out everywhere automatically.
Can't really check if your are logged in at home, I guess you could check your status. For example before logging in at work you can check with one of your friends if you are shown online or not.

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 741
Message 2 of 13 (73,420 Views)

Hi!

Thanks for your answer... so I guess the answer to both my questions are 'no' then...

I dont wanna be changing my password all the time, even though sometimes I do of course... hmm... there should be a way just like with gmail or facebook, to see IP addresses of places currently logged in or something similar... ...no? nothing?

danielbozi
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 13 (73,416 Views)

[ Edited ]

Currently, this is somewhat of a little trick you could do.

Using the Skype client program window do:

Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Privacy Settings

If you see a "Show Advanced Options" button click on it.

Make sure the "Allow my status to be shown on the web" checkbox is checked, if not check it, and then click the "Save" button.

Logoff from Skype, and go here: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/tell-a-friend/wizard/

Enter your Skype name and change the Skype Status radio button to "Show" if you see yourself as online, you are logged in on another computer/device or someone is logged in as your Skype name.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 500
Message 4 of 13 (73,414 Views)

oh my god it workssss!!! :happy:

0 Kudos
danielbozi
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 13 (73,400 Views)

[ Edited ]

You are very welcome, glad to help.

0 Kudos
TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 500
Message 6 of 13 (73,396 Views)

Apparently a no-brainer, but, why is it not MANDATORY for skype to disconnect all current instances if you log in from another station?

Llwynn
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 13
Message 7 of 13 (73,364 Views)

Good question! What you are saying is just like facebook... other services, like gmail, tracks which IP addresses have been logged into the account recently... it is such a simple thing to do, but eases the security issue tremendously!

0 Kudos
danielbozi
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 13 (73,343 Views)

So I noticed something the other day, which only works some of the time. But if you log onto skype, and open up to chat with someone, say the echo123 account, go into the chat window and enter in the skype command: "/whois [your.skype.username]".

It will sometimes display at the bottom something that says "Online locations: ". Sometimes, it's followed by just a blank. Other times, it will actually give me the online locations, some weird thing in the format of skype.username@..... However, I did notice that a few times, when I was logged onto two computers and my phone, it actually returned 3 separate online locations. So if you're already logged onto skype, you can try to use the command to see if you're logged on elsewhere, but it doesn't always work for some odd reason. 

0 Kudos
ysaletore
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 9 of 13 (73,333 Views)

The first technique doesn't quite work: I can sign in an iphone or ipad, but the online status button still shows "offline".  Soon as I log on from a PC -- working again.  Log out - offline again.

So, I don't think it's accurate.

Skype *should* give a way to log off other sessions.

corbrie
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 10 of 13 (68,178 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling