am i being blocked by a contact?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

am i being blocked by a contact?

hello, how do i tell if a contact has blocked me from contacting them.  ?

tiredofmess
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 1 of 4 (30,459 Views)

Re: am i being blocked by a contact?

open new ac and add contact again because that is only way no another way as i know my best till this date

kisraj1970
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 4 (30,421 Views)

Skype users should not be able to determine if they have been blocked by a certain contact, but there may be ways to do it, you can visit the link below about a similar discussion - 

http://community.skype.com/t5/Security-Privacy-Trust-and/How-to-tell-if-a-friend-deleted-you-from-hi...

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 242
Message 3 of 4 (30,418 Views)

I know there are alot of archived conversations and suggested solutions to this, but I'm unsure if they apply to the latest version of skype as most of the posts were 2+ years ago and skype has changed a lot since then.  

I am able to see this particular contacts profile pic, and some profile details, but they are always invisible with the empty speech bubble (and used to always be available with the green dot).

There are suggestions to right click on the name and send a voice mail (I do have voicemail enabled btw) but this is not an option with the latest version of skype.  Can you suggest any way of telling if I am blocked or deleted or they are just never logged onto skype anymore?

ngarewahc
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 4 (213 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling