Video chat

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Video chat

[ Edited ]

Can a hacker see my video call with my friend or record it? Anybody else can see it?

Please help

thanks

ll
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 12
Message 1 of 13 (31,618 Views)

Re: Video chat

Skype video calls are secure and you can be sure that the only people seeing the video stream are yourself and your partner and anyone else in the group call.

There are however cases where you might have downloaded malicious software to your computer that could intercept what you're seeing on your screen - If you believe someone is watching what you're doing, installing and keeping up-to-date an anti-virus program will help you get rid of any viruses; AVG provides a free service here: http://free.avg.com

:happy:

Tayl
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 2 of 13 (31,608 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have only my one person on my contacts, I use it only with them, can their contacts see me or hackers see what I do ?

ll
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 13 (31,604 Views)

No, her contacts wouldn't be able to see you unless they were in a call with you(you would be able to see if they were in a call with you)

Hackers could only see what you do if you let them, to prevent that make sure you have up-to-date anti-virus software

Tayl
Routine Adventurer
Message 4 of 13 (31,600 Views)

Is it possible to hack my computer and "hijack" my cam so that the hacker can watch me ?

I cover my cam all the time but not when I use skype video chat.

ll
0 Kudos
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 13 (31,597 Views)

It's possible yes, but as long as you've got a good anti-virus program that is kept updated, you should be fine

If the webcam is built in and you're unable to turn it away from you, you can also disable it from your device manager(Start -> Device Manager) so that even unauthorized use is impossible with it being re-enabled
0 Kudos
Tayl
Routine Adventurer
Message 6 of 13 (31,584 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure about my anti-virus program, I hope I didn't make a mistake by using skype to chat with my friend. It was my first time, I didn't know much about it and about safety.

ll
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 13 (31,590 Views)

Chances are nobody was watching you. I'm sorry if I made you a little paranoid :tongue:
0 Kudos
Tayl
Routine Adventurer
Message 8 of 13 (31,582 Views)

Yes I am paranoid, I checked my laptop after the call with a new anti-virus and it was clean.

Can you tell if someone hacked your computer before that ? Can the anti-virus scan tell if my computer was hacked 2 days before?

ll
0 Kudos
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 13 (31,584 Views)

on the other hand, you can visit the link below for suggestions/instructions on how to disable or turn off Facebook Updates and/or Facebook Chat, remove Facebook contacts;

How to Turn Off Facebook Updates and Facebook Chat

:happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

0 Kudos
Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1594
Message 10 of 13 (31,567 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling