Unwanted calls and messages from strangers

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unwanted calls and messages from strangers

Help

I keep getting calls and messages from men I don't know, and I don't want this ... nor am I comfortable with this as they constantly spam calls. I have my settings set to contact only, yet I still get these messages and calls ... this seems to be especially bothersome on my Andriod.

any idea how to stop this ... besides deleating my skype that is

Rananteriel
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 19 (4,737 Views)

Re: Unwanted calls and messages from strangers

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem. It bugs the hell out of me. All my privacy settings are set so that only people on my contact list can IM or Skype call me. Before I would just get contact requests. Those you can just deny. I have triple checked my settings on the laptop and android, have emailed skype support, and still there is no answer on how to fix this. Skype has offered fruitless solutions; automated messages that clearly show that they did not read the emails. I am pissed.

laura_42
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 2 of 19 (4,718 Views)

Also, I would love to know why, on my android, it says you contact now unblocked in aa black popout box when I block ...
Posted from Samsung GT-I9000
laura_42
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 19 (4,704 Views)

Press block contact.
Horny Boy has been unblocked and can now contact you.
Really Skype. REALLY!
laura_42
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 19 (4,702 Views)

Just in the last two minutes I have received 8 Ims and 2 calls from strangers. Some have crude names like MY_BIG_DICK or normal names like Tom. This recent one is saying how he likes to play with his **bleep** as someone watches. Yet when I press block it says they've been unblocked and can message me to their hearts content. I know I'm being repetitive but this needs to stop.
laura_42
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 19 (4,698 Views)

And now starts the unwanted contact requests ......

Skype PLEASE fix your privacy settings
Posted from Motorola xt875
Rananteriel
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 19 (4,661 Views)

im having the same problem, right now, there are 3 strangers IM me. When i block them, it said that UNBLOCKED CONTACT ... help
kuekeju
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 19 (4,649 Views)

Uggghhhh I have had the same problem..it just started 3 days ago.. customer support just has me repeating over and over again the problem....they keep telling me it is being escalated and nothing has changed.. I have emailed them and been in chat.. the customer service sucks.... I can't stand the messages and calls I am getting .. and all nasty too. it's making me sick ...

Bongo515
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 19 (4,637 Views)

I have the exact same problem!! it extremely annoys me! HELLO SKYPE what are you doing to resolve this? Do not take our privacy issues for granted. seriously do something about this.
Posted from Samsung SGH-T959D
babygale04
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 19 (4,587 Views)

**bleep**. The same thing here, with the same type of content :sad:

the most annoying thing - I set the privacy in settings (only for contact list persons), and SAVE it, but when I enter settings again - it automatically returns back on previous (allowing all contacts to contact me).

If they do not repair this, I will uninstal it. 

They are not the only ones now with video calls...

ibaneza
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 19 (4,582 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling