Re: Unprofessional Skype name- Do I need to create...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unprofessional Skype name- Do I need to create a new account?

Hello,

I have an unprofessional skype username affiliated with my account-something cute made in middle school. It has all of my contacts associated with it. I can update/change my name and contact information on the account, but I don't see a way to change the skype username. I do not want it to display when I am connecting with colleagues or professionals wishing to connect for skype interviews. 

Do I need to create an entirely new account with a more professional username (something close to my name as possible) and then update my name and contact info? If so, how do i get all of my contacts to transfer to the new account? Please help!

greenermartin
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (1,325 Views)

Re: Unprofessional Skype name- Do I need to create a new account?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change or modify Skype Usernames.  I think such restriction is not only employed by Skype but by other online services as well.  Moreover, users can change their Display Name (or Full Name) by going to the Edit Your Profile Page.  This is what will also be displayed on the other party when you call them or send them a message.

Yet, if you really need to use a certain username.  You may need to create a new account.  Users can have more than one account and can even register the same information and email address in the new account/s (but a different email address in each accounts is more advisable).

Moreover, if in case you consider to create a new account and have no intentions to use the old or original one.  please click here for more suggestions or advice.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1594
Message 2 of 2 (1,319 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling