Unauthorized use of my Email Address to open an ac...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Unauthorized use of my Email Address to open an account

Hello, I tried to open an account with my email and it seems someone has used my email to open an account. I need help deleting or removing that account (or at least it's link to my email) so that I can use my email to open an account with my skype name.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Primemover
Power User

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

you can still use your email address to create an account even if there is alreay an account registered under that email address.

moreover, you can either contact support (contactus@skype.net) and request to unlink your email address from that account - or request for a new password for that account (the password will be sent to your registered email address), login, then change the email address registered in that unknown account to something else.

View solution in original post
hiltongm
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (921 Views)

Re: Unauthorized use of my Email Address to open an account

you can still use your email address to create an account even if there is alreay an account registered under that email address.

moreover, you can either contact support (contactus@skype.net) and request to unlink your email address from that account - or request for a new password for that account (the password will be sent to your registered email address), login, then change the email address registered in that unknown account to something else.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1590
Message 2 of 3 (912 Views)

Re: Unauthorized use of my Email Address to open an account

Awsome, thnx, I just got suck because on the email verification stage, it reminded me that an account was already linked to that email. But I succeeded attaching my skype name to my email. Thank you for your help!!!
hiltongm
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (897 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling