Stolen laptop - how to trace location via skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Stolen laptop - how to trace location via skype

Hi

A little while ago our laptop was stolen and this afternoon I saw that our account for skype that was connected to that laptop logged in. I was hoping if there was a way to track the location of the laptop. Please help!!!

chicko-baby
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 5 (2,053 Views)

Re: Stolen laptop - how to trace location via skype

[ Edited ]

if there's a way for Skype to check the IP used to access your account, I think they will only disclose them to your local police or proper authorities.  So I think one of your options is to report this incident to your local police.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1645
Message 2 of 5 (2,051 Views)

Hi

The laptop has been reported already - I rang them today and explained the situation to them and they said I should try and contact the skype support to track the laptop.

chicko-baby
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (2,047 Views)

try contacting the customer support to see what your possible options are; just open the link below, then click the Email Support button (for premium and other selected members, live chat may be available too);

Contact Skype Customer Service 

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1645
Message 4 of 5 (2,045 Views)

thanks for your help :happy:

chicko-baby
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (2,040 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling