Someone used my email id to create new skype accou...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Someone used my email id to create new skype account

Today I received an email from SKYPE welcoming ZUBU1998 for creating new account. It seems he/she used my email account to register for new skype id.

I am really surprised that how someone can use anyone's email id to create register a new skype account without his email being verified.

I want to delete/delink my email id with the above account so please let me know how to do the same.

0 Kudos
skzubair
Reliable Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (510 Views)

Re: Someone used my email id to create new skype account

skzubair wrote:

Today I received an email from SKYPE welcoming ZUBU1998 for creating new account. It seems he/she used my email account to register for new skype id.

I am really surprised that how someone can use anyone's email id to create register a new skype account without his email being verified.

I want to delete/delink my email id with the above account so please let me know how to do the same.

report that user to abuse@skype.net, then request to unlink your email address from that unknown account.  

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

0 Kudos
Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1419
Message 2 of 3 (495 Views)

Re: Someone used my email id to create new skype account

I had same problem, see my post above.

Just go to attempt login to the illegal identity-theft-attempt-account and request a password reset link is sent to you. You can then change the password and disable the account.

It shouldn't be necessary to go to all this trouble of course, but it seems Skype is a "not fit for purpose" system so I don't even bother complaining to them as I have no confidence anything would change.

0 Kudos
ninjaelizabeth1
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 3 (486 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling