Skype survey - Is it a scam?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype survey - Is it a scam?

I received an e-mail today announcing a Skype survey with a link and a chance to win a $1,000 Amazon gift card.  There is no mention of a survey here on the Skype website.  Is this a phishing scam?  E-mail header is below:

sender-time: Sent at 2:38 PM (GMT-08:00). Current time there: 6:28 PM. ?
to: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
date: Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 2:38 PM

subject: Help us improve Skype and get a chance to win a $1,000 gift card to Amazon.com
mailed-by: skype.net

fancyflyer
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (521 Views)

Re: Skype survey - Is it a scam?

I also received an email today that said I was randomly selected for account verification and then it instructed me to click on a link that would ask me a series of "identity verification questions". It looked very authentic but sounded suspicious. There was also a typo in the text which makes me believe even more that this is a scam....does anyone know for sure?

skybunny
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 3 (517 Views)

Re: Skype survey - Is it a scam?

skybunny wrote:

I also received an email today that said I was randomly selected for account verification and then it instructed me to click on a link that would ask me a series of "identity verification questions". It looked very authentic but sounded suspicious. There was also a typo in the text which makes me believe even more that this is a scam....does anyone know for sure?

not sure about the "survey" type email, but this "verification" type email is a certain scam.  Please send a report to abuse@skype.net.

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 256
Message 3 of 3 (511 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling