Skype live chat real link or scam

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype live chat real link or scam

Hi,

I think my account was suspended...

I found on skype web site a link to go to live chat 

When I clicked on it this lick opened: https://skype.ehosts.net

Could you please confirm if this is a true support or just a scam

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
foulen
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (1,607 Views)

Re: Skype live chat real link or scam

That would be great to know if skype.ehost.net is a legitimate service or not?

There is no much info on google...

Can any moderator/admin confirm that ?

0 Kudos
edouardA
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 3 (1,166 Views)

Re: Skype live chat real link or scam

[ Edited ]

Here is a link to the instruction on how to contact Skype Customer Service via their secure portal: Contact Customer Service    This link takes you here (excerpt of instructions copied and pasted below):

How can I contact Skype Customer Service?

Skype offers help and support through:

To get help with the issue you’re experiencing:

1. Go to the Support request page.
  2. Select the topic you need help with and the problem you’re experiencing. Some information that might help with your problem is displayed.
  3. If you still feel that the information doesn’t help, click the Continue support request button at the bottom of the screen.

1. Select your contact method. We recommend that you check our Skype Community first.
  2. If you chose email, enter your details, describe your problem, and then click Send support request. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.

We don’t currently provide telephone support.

Clicking on Live Chat hyperlink takes me to this instruction:

What is live chat support?

Live chat allows you to use instant messaging to contact our Customer Services team via our website.

To be eligible for live chat, you have to belong to one of these groups:

This service can be accessed via our website 24 hours a day, and is currently only available in English.

If you are a Skype customer, you can contact live chat support as follows:

1. Sign in with your Skype Name and password.
  2. Select the topic you need help with and the problem you’re having. Some information that might help with your problem is displayed.
  3. If the information doesn’t help, click Continue support request.
  4. Select your contact method.
  5. If you are eligible for live chat support, you will see an option to request chat support. Click the Start a chat button.

A live chat representative will ask you to describe your problem, and do their best to talk you through possible solutions.

If you are not eligible for live chat, then you can still contact us via email by following the same instructions as above.

After sifting through the FAQ articles, and clicking the Start Chat link, the chat window opened with an address that looks like this:

https:// skype.ehosts.net / Skype/...

Confirmed!  :(y):

You must sign on to Skype and work your way through the Customer Service routines before starting a chat; you can not simply sign on to an e-hosts website, so to speak, to start a chat.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
If a reply answered your question, please click on the Accept as a Solution link so others following in your footsteps can find what works! If anyone helped you, you can show your appreciation and thanks by clicking on the Kudos button!

Trustworthy information: David Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Good Tip: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1630
Message 3 of 3 (1,162 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling