I think my account was suspended...
I found on skype web site a link to go to live chat
When I clicked on it this lick opened: https://skype.ehosts.net
Could you please confirm if this is a true support or just a scam
Thanks a lot
14-05-2013 17:34 - last edited on 06-11-2013 14:26 by Claudius
Here is a link to the instruction on how to contact Skype Customer Service via their secure portal: Contact Customer Service This link takes you here (excerpt of instructions copied and pasted below):
How can I contact Skype Customer Service?
Skype offers help and support through:
- The Skype Support website
- The Skype Community
- The Heartbeat blog
- Skype blogs
- Email and Live chat (for eligible customers)
To get help with the issue you’re experiencing:
- Go to the Support request page.
- Select the topic you need help with and the problem you’re experiencing. Some information that might help with your problem is displayed.
- If you still feel that the information doesn’t help, click the Continue support request button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select your contact method. We recommend that you check our Skype Community first.
- If you chose email, enter your details, describe your problem, and then click Send support request. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.
We don’t currently provide telephone support.
Clicking on Live Chat hyperlink takes me to this instruction:
What is live chat support?
Live chat allows you to use instant messaging to contact our Customer Services team via our website.
To be eligible for live chat, you have to belong to one of these groups:
This service can be accessed via our website 24 hours a day, and is currently only available in English.
If you are a Skype customer, you can contact live chat support as follows:
- Sign in with your Skype Name and password.
- Select the topic you need help with and the problem you’re having. Some information that might help with your problem is displayed.
- If the information doesn’t help, click Continue support request.
- Select your contact method.
- If you are eligible for live chat support, you will see an option to request chat support. Click the Start a chat button.
A live chat representative will ask you to describe your problem, and do their best to talk you through possible solutions.
If you are not eligible for live chat, then you can still contact us via email by following the same instructions as above.
After sifting through the FAQ articles, and clicking the Start Chat link, the chat window opened with an address that looks like this:
https:// skype.ehosts.net / Skype/...
You must sign on to Skype and work your way through the Customer Service routines before starting a chat; you can not simply sign on to an e-hosts website, so to speak, to start a chat.
If a reply answered your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button so others following in your footsteps can find what works! If anyone helped you, you can show your appreciation and thanks by clicking on the "Kudos" button!
Good reads: Devise good passwords, stop password attacks
and basic rules for online safety.
One more! David Pogue's How To Get Hacked in 5 Exciting Steps.
Please review and consider ... Benefits of frequent upgrading
Please, send Private Messages only upon request.