Skype hack?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype hack?

[ Edited ]

Dear managers and users of Skype,

I was talking with my brother and sister on Skype and suddenly something very odd occured. It had seemed as if my browser had a somewhat mind of it's own and entered  it's own messages. It sent a explicit image from Facebook and I immediately deleted it as my siblings are under the age of twelve. It had frightened me and I thought that I somehow had gotten hacked. I have logged into this website to report this event alone and I ask for needed help. I apologize if I have somehow made a mistake somewhere on this website.

Thank you for reading

adilidris1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (3,776 Views)

Re: Skype hack?

most likely a virus.  Update your anti-virus software then run a full anti-virus scan.  You can also change your password as an additional safety measure.

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 254
Message 2 of 3 (3,757 Views)

Re: Skype hack?

[ Edited ]

I wouldnt say it is a virus to be honest i would say that it is a rat from an aplication you have download and yes malware virus and rats are diffrent im my opinion if you dont know what a rat is look it up please so whatch what your downloading and dont download anything to good and for virus sucurity NORTON ---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IKnowThinks2
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (2,595 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling