Skype account age limit

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: Skype account age limit

I'm 19 and I keep getting the same issue.... and I was allowed to accept nearly 2 years ago when I turned 18... so... yeah...
0 Kudos
sammybear717
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 19 (2,991 Views)

i dont know how this is solved. my daughter has a microsoft account for windows 8 and the xbox and they just updated the terms and agreement so we all agreed to this, since she is only 6 as soon as she clicked on accept terms it said you are not of age please have your parent type in therë email and password to aprove the terms, so i did and she was able to logon again. why cant skype use th mocrosoft account to approve the terms ?

i cant get her logged on very frustating

0 Kudos
gibbyhome
Novel Adventurer
Message 12 of 19 (2,510 Views)

The Setup for accounts isnt working properly, because i am using my birthdate, which is over 12, and it still says im ineligible to create an account, and ive redone the setup over 20 times. I already have a skype account and dont understand why i cant create a second, under a different email.

0 Kudos
jako360
Novel Tourist
Message 13 of 19 (2,472 Views)

This is exactly the problem I'm having. I'm certainly old enough to create an account - I've done it before. But no matter what age I put in, even silly ones, it's not letting me correct an account.

Is it a bug?

0 Kudos
shivershiro
Novel Tourist
Message 14 of 19 (2,455 Views)

Same problem here Im 36 and getting the same error. Now it removed MSN from my computer and I cant login grrrr....Cant someone from Skype look into this please??! Its very frustrating to be forced to merge to software that doesnt work. A moderator said to contact customer support yet I can't find any link to contact them...do I have to pay to get support so I can login??

0 Kudos
Johndo007
Novel Tourist
Message 15 of 19 (2,144 Views)

Please See.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-8/Can-t-merge-accounts-because-I-m-not-18/m-p/1223070/highligh...

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6954
Message 16 of 19 (2,134 Views)

I see from Claudius's post that I can open a Skype account for my under-age daughter if I put in my own date of birth.

What happens when my daughter finally reaches a legal age — will she be able to correct the date of birth?

0 Kudos
PaddyLandau
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 17 of 19 (1,840 Views)

Yes!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
-> Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve? Share your Solutions and Tips with us!
-> If a reply answered your question, please click on the Accept as a Solution link so others following in your footsteps can find what works! If anyone helped you, you can show your appreciation and thanks by clicking on the Kudos button!
-> Good reads: David Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security and for the Favorite Tip for This Week: Watch Out For Bad Users
0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1625
Message 18 of 19 (1,831 Views)

Thank you :happy:

0 Kudos
PaddyLandau
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 19 of 19 (1,827 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling