Separate Microsoft Account from Skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Separate Microsoft Account from Skype

I have associated my skype with microsoft account, how can I separate them?

liuhy365
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 21 (9,218 Views)

Re: Separate Microsoft Account from Skype

Please Contact customer service and ask them to unlink your account.

What happens when I merge my Skype and Microsoft accounts?

How can I contact Skype Customer Service?

What is live chat support?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6068
Message 2 of 21 (9,212 Views)

Thank you, I have solved my problem.
liuhy365
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 21 (9,181 Views)

Glad to hear that and you are very welcome.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6068
Message 4 of 21 (9,178 Views)

man i know who to contact what email, i keep looking for like a support. 

there is not a way to write message or email to actually send my information in to separated my account from SKYPE and MSN, as i did the wrong merge

thanks

starrc23
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 5 of 21 (8,955 Views)

Hi, starrc23,

Tamim included the links to the instruction on how to contact Skype Customer Service in his post, above.  Please post back describing where the process breaks down or fails, so issues in reaching Customer Service can be diagnosed and resolved.

Please also let us know if the links which Tamim provided do not work and what internet browser you are using.

Thank you,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1898
Message 6 of 21 (8,940 Views)

come on, a link that only says, we get solved , that is not good enough, as

we didn't get a actual help from that link, he suspose to give 

an "email" or a link that can solved the problem right away, instead of , i try to 

solve it for like 1 hour . 

starrc23
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 21 (8,917 Views)

[ Edited ]

can you please check it out for me, 

i have given the account name and MSN account that i need 

to separeate the accounts, and the LIVE CHAT support tells me, that i will get an 

reply on email to fix the problem, i have been waiting for 30 mins already, and i still have not get it fixed or separated 

can you check for me 

MSN: mikey@star-rc.com - i have close this MSN account , as i try to discounted them, so i did the move which is the wrong move. 

reason: i merge the wrong MSN account. 

contact email: [edited for privacy]

please help

starrc23
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 21 (8,887 Views)

Should even have to deal with this. There is a reason why Skype has done so well until they were bought by Microsoft.

I will just write WLM off. I am never linking accounts and I will be looking for a better solution in the future.

CoolSilver
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 21 (8,840 Views)

[ Edited ]

Elaine those links are not very useful when after getting to e-mail portion of the "Contact Support" sequence and the SEND button is greyed out and there is no other way to email customer support!

I have so far tried doing so using IE Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari with no luck

Ladypax1954
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 21 (8,779 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling