Scam

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Scam

[ Edited ]

I got this message from a so called "banker" paulagyiri761 who apparently had money that belonged to me or something like that. Here is the messege.

Hello Sankt I have been in search of someone with this last name "Sankt" when I saw your name I was pushed to contact you and see how best we can assist each other. Meanwhile I am Mr. Paul agyiri a reputable banker here and I have in my bank the existence $17,500,000.00 (Seventeen Million Five Hundred Thousand US Dollars) that belongs to a deceased customer, named; Mr.Samedy Sankt, a citizen of your country, This amount is now in my bank without any claim because the deceased died in a deadly earthquake in china 2008, and left nobody for the claim of his deposited fund. So I hereby request your assistance to receive this fund into your account as the beneficiary hence you bear same surname to the deceased, Please kindly send me your reply of interest to my private email address: so that I will give you more details on how to proceed, I am not a greedy person, so I am suggesting we share the funds equal, which is 50%/50% to both parties. I wait for your response direct to my private email… Best Regards Mr. Paul Agyiri

The person behind this has many different accounts with similar names. http://oib.mdstn.com/paulagyiri/index.html 

[Mod edit: Please do not include personal/private information when making a public post. Thanks!]

LogicLeering
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 2 (4,934 Views)

Re: Scam

you can block that user so they can no longer contact you again, then report them to abuse@skype.net for misusing Skype services.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

0 Kudos
Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1638
Message 2 of 2 (4,918 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling