Re: *** SYSTEM NOTICE - URGENT ONLINE REPAIR ***

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hate to say it,,But Some One know,,or Knows how to find out!!!!! Especially ,Not being a tech,and Just a Welder,, That Skype should be able to trace these People at skype headquarters,, Just a guess, But If any one elase Is Tech savy,, Now is the time to speak Up!!!!!! Agree???????? Thanks,Jack:happy:

0 Kudos
Jackc1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 23 (2,791 Views)

Dear All,

Here is a link to start with to reach out to Skype Customer Service: contact customer service

Skype Premium subscribers are eligible for live chat customer support; a "Day Pass" may also be purchased.  Here is a link to more information: Skype Premium

"The best defense is a good offense." 

--- attributed to the heavyweight prizefighter Jack Dempsey

If at all possible, depending upon your circumstances and situations, "lock down" your profile so you receive audio calls, video calls, and instant messages from people in your contacts only.  And as my colleague, Primemover, recommends earlier in this thread, keep doing the Block and Report as Abuse.

Sincerely,

elainem77

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1962
Message 12 of 23 (2,788 Views)

Unfortunately, locking down to "contacts only" would defeat the entire purpose for which I use Skype.

jmabel
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 13 of 23 (2,777 Views)

This is definetly a scam (google it and see)  I have reported it as scam to skype each time I get a call, and I get many.  SKYPE WE GOT A PROBLEM AND YOU SHOULD FIX IT.  Hope they get the message and do something about this.

0 Kudos
mcgiverr
Casual Adventurer
Message 14 of 23 (2,763 Views)

sys.pc.go.ss.2.

even though I blocked and reported this as spam several times, it keeps getting through.

SKYPE tech support what can you do about this abuse?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
charles224
Casual Tourist
Message 15 of 23 (2,760 Views)

1) I do not seem to be able to BLOCK this caller at all.
2) Also, I am not sure if all my friends are in my contact list. Is this the only way to prevent this?
0 Kudos
roisenp
Casual Tourist
Message 16 of 23 (2,736 Views)

elainem77 wrote:

Dear All,

Yes, you are correct: this is a known scam and phishing attempt.  Even though the title remains the same, the contact detail keeps changing, so this is how the roque spammer keeps at it.  The way to be rid of these nuisance calls is to set your incoming call and instant message privacy settings to "People on my contact list only."

Please do continue to Block and Report as Abuse.

Kind regards,

Elainem77

I do have Skype set to "People on my contact list only". Those "System Notice" calls keep coming through. What now? BTW, I use Skype on my iPhone. I had to use the computer to make the "contact list only" setting since that's the only way to do it. I rarely run Skype on the computer so I don't know if the calls are also getting through there.

0 Kudos
RonO
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 17 of 23 (2,656 Views)

I just received an "Urgent System Security Message" from "Skype Help" that played a recorded digital message saying that my system was performing slow and was not protected, and that I needed to download an anti-virus protection package and should go to [invalid URL] to do so.  In checking the WHOIS registry, I found that the prssw.com domain is registered in Panama, which I presume is not where Skype's Help Center is located.  From this and in reading this board, I presume this to be a scam and have blocked the caller and reported it.  Is this the correct response?

I've attached below a screen shot of the incoming call....

Screen shot 2012-07-26 at 7.26.48 AM.png

Hope this is helpful to others....

Robert

0 Kudos
RbtShelton
Novel Tourist
Message 18 of 23 (2,561 Views)

I learned from some reports recently that there is a new variation of this scam.  The scammers are using display names with the word "skype" and pretending to be someone from this company.  but basically their tactic is the same, they will tell you that your computer is at risk.  From this alone, we can distinguish that they are the same breed of scammers.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

0 Kudos
Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1685
Message 19 of 23 (2,557 Views)

[ Edited ]

[9:38:24 PM] Roxy(PrettyLittlePotHead): [8:21:16 PM] *** Missed call from SYSTEM HELP - URGENT NOTICE. ***
[8:30:58 PM] *** Missed call from SYSTEM HELP - URGENT NOTICE. ***
[9:38:25 PM] Roxy(PrettyLittlePotHead): da**bleep**?

this is starting to make me ANGRY

0 Kudos
roxythemute
Novel Adventurer
Message 20 of 23 (2,227 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling