SYSTEM ALLERT-URGENT NOTIFICATION

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SYSTEM ALLERT-URGENT NOTIFICATION

I recieved a call from "SYSTEM ALERT-URGENT NOTIFICATION" and it told me I was not protected and to go to the following site, I have just notice that the site I was directed to is not permitted.  Can you please explain to me what it is all about.  just wondering is this a safe site.

looking forward to hearing from you

Regards

juls1953

Juls
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 6 (21,777 Views)

Re: SYSTEM ALLERT-URGENT NOTIFICATION

it's s scam.  

please visit the thread below for instructions and suggestions on how to deal with such unwanted and suspicious activities;

How to Handle Suspicious Calls, Messages and Contact Requests (Scam/Spam)

:happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1663
Message 2 of 6 (21,775 Views)

Thank you, your post was very helpful I just got one of those calls today, I'm going to block that phone number.

0 Kudos
Nathaliet70
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 6 (11,918 Views)

I have this problem, too, but blocking/reporting the call does nothing.  I still get intermittant calls from this account.  Is there something besides the usual methods to try?

0 Kudos
teragramrk
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 6 (11,657 Views)

if you followed the instructions to set your privacy settings to allow calls from your contacts only, you should be no longer receive such unwanted calls.

0 Kudos
VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 238
Message 5 of 6 (11,447 Views)

I have been getting these calls for ½ year with me contacting Skype for a solution.  Contacting Skype is just as annoying as these calls because I get no support.  I believe these calls are internet bases because if I block these calls, they change there change there address and I will get a call on my Freetalk internet phone.  I don't think that skype knows how to prevent these calls.  Ii do notice on my handset that for every call I get the message Urgent-System help on my caller ID. You would think that Skype could filter these calls based on who is making the call.  If you only allow calls from people on your list, nobody else can call you, I'm looking for a job ^ Skype is my only phone and if I geta response from a possible employer, they could not gey through.

0 Kudos
mhays8
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 6 (4,183 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling