Report of blackmailing

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Report of blackmailing

[ Edited ]

I was blackmailed today by the user yyyyy, won't go into details but suffice it to say that I was stupid and they got a video of me that I don't want getting out. They threatened to send it out to all of my facebook friends so I have reported my account as hacked and deactivated it. Please report and block this user as quickly as possible. I have already blocked and reported them for abuse but anything else that can be done would be greatly appreciated.

pleasehelp2
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 23 (12,369 Views)

Re: Blackmail

im sorry this happened to you, i wont pretend like it didnt happen to me too....liquor and the internet dont mix....but anyways the best thing to do is to delete any posts she has put on your wall, block and delete her, then report her

you may also contact local law enforcement and other such things....

just relax, if it gets out then tell your friends you were stupid and it got out of hand...remember we all have our moments, some more embarrasing than others, but whatever as long as you get it off facebook itll die out....

honestly, i am going through this at this exact moment...i got the account blocked on my and my moms facebook (i know her pw cause i set it up)....i am also ready to explain my idiocy to anyone who sees it, itll be embarrassing but theres nothing else you can do.

me n u should prolly be more careful in the future

sidewayss14
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 2 of 23 (12,359 Views)

Thanks for the info. I wish I knew what their facebook account was so I could block it but I don't, only the skype account. I figured by deactivating my account they wouldn't be able to gain access to my friends anymore, not sure if that will work though? 

pleasehelp2
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 23 (12,350 Views)

I'm not sure, but I think there is no way for them or any users to send video/items to your facebook and/or skype friends (unless they are their friends too).  

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1514
Message 4 of 23 (12,346 Views)

I just received another message from the blackmailer with the username changed to jessica4youx. I'm hoping that someone can please block these accounts so that they stop bothering me. 

pleasehelp2
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 23 (12,330 Views)

Dear pleasehelp2,

If you believe your safety or security is threatened, do not hesitate to contact your local law enforcement agency as the police know how to contact Skype directly.

Please also report these incidents to Skype Customer Service starting with this link:

contact customer service

Best regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Update! :happy:  In my instruction on how to contact Skype Customer Service , the blue "Send" button has been replaced with a green Next button; to file a request via e-mail, click "Send."

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tip: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1743
Message 6 of 23 (12,324 Views)

were your friends ever messaged after you blocked this person?
0 Kudos
chilebralleno
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 7 of 23 (11,776 Views)

did they ever send the video to all your facebook friends?

0 Kudos
wholeadsyou
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 23 (11,730 Views)

I was also realy stupid. I accepted a "girlfriend" in Facebook (which I didn't knew but she was goodlooking so.....I accepted her as a friend) 

At a sudden time she start to chat with me and asked me to Skype with her.

I started Skyping with her with the video on and clothes off (very stupid !!)

Suddenly she said that she would share the video where i'm on (naked) with my family and friends.

I don't want to be blackmailed so I didn't do anything till now.

My question: She came up with some adresses like:

http/www/facebook.com/....  

At the position of the dots there is name of my friends/family

Probably she copied it from my facebook site (i'm not sure how she did it)

Is it technicly possibly to send people an email based on this information ?

please let know  thanks in advance

stevenrock
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 9 of 23 (11,650 Views)

stevenrock wrote:

I was also realy stupid. I accepted a "girlfriend" in Facebook (which I didn't knew but she was goodlooking so.....I accepted her as a friend) 

At a sudden time she start to chat with me and asked me to Skype with her.

I started Skyping with her with the video on and clothes off (very stupid !!)

Suddenly she said that she would share the video where i'm on (naked) with my family and friends.

I don't want to be blackmailed so I didn't do anything till now.

My question: She came up with some adresses like:

At the position of the dots there is name of my friends/family

Probably she copied it from my facebook site (i'm not sure how she did it)

Is it technicly possibly to send people an email based on this information ?

please let know  thanks in advance

I'm not sure but it could depend on your Facebook account privacy settings.  yet, regarding this case, I think you can also consider reporting this to your local police.  

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

0 Kudos
Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1514
Message 10 of 23 (11,632 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling