Removing Skype Home Updates

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Removing Skype Home Updates

Hi All,

As of the last Skype update, I am no longer able to deleted updates posted to my Skype homepage. Thus it appears that I am on lunch for the last few days. How can I remove the update post?

On previous releases, I had the option to delete each update posted individually.

Cheers,

Frank

frankkilcommins
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 23 (13,008 Views)

Re: Removing Skype Home Updates

I think is how the new version behaves.  you can only hide updates from your contacts and not your own mood updates.  :happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1660
Message 2 of 23 (13,006 Views)

Any chance we can get the functionality back?? I can find my last mood update by going skype-->profile-->add video to your mood, but I have to override the last mood with something other than whitespace :sad:

frankkilcommins
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 3 of 23 (13,003 Views)

I have the same problem too. :sad:
camille723
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 23 (12,830 Views)

I had the same problem. What a stupid feature to try to make people to call who they do not want. I had ex-boyfriend in my list and once my husband was checking something with me on my computer, I started Skype to talk with my dad when the Home Updates appeared with the picture of my ex-boyfriend and friends. What a stupid marketing strategy, fix this **bleep** as soon as possible.

kkarenfg
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 23 (12,823 Views)

There are some on my contact list whose updates are sadly lacking any context...if you hide them then there is a blurb stating that they are hidden...which makes no sense. One should be able to delete them and not just hide them.
best1syn2oil
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 23 (12,696 Views)

This is really annoying. I also realized, today, that I am only able to hide these contacts, not permanently delete them.

Any solution yet to this problem?

aide
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 7 of 23 (12,409 Views)

I agree 100% with you guys.....We need to get that functionality back. It was stupid to get rid of the option to delete updates in the first instance. I have people on my Skype I no longer talk to and all I can do is hide their updates but what I really want to do is delete them completely. It's very annoying everytime I go to manage my hidden updates I still see those unwanted stuff....What if it was an ex-girlfriend and my wife just decided to go to my home page and look at my hidden updates...C'mon Skype, I expect better.

I hope the Skype support network is reading this......

kevinbp1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 8 of 23 (11,947 Views)

C'mon Skype, WTF, who the hell wants to see updates from people you've deleted???? We deleted them for a reason, now we have to see all their crappy updates? And they have to see mine?? i'm sure they dont want to see mine either. FIX THIS SKYPE!
slowpoke387
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 9 of 23 (11,857 Views)

[ Edited ]

I had to hide the individual update, then click the Facebook friends link, then click cancel.  When it brought me back to the contact list the updates were gone.  Has to be an easier way, but it worked.

adriankeys1
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 10 of 23 (11,308 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling