Random Contact Adds

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Random Contact Adds

Okay I have received quite a few adds from people I don't know and I usually block them or ignore them because I don't use skype to contact random people - you never know what sort of trouble you can get into there. And Today I received a request from someone I thought was a part of a group I knew because, although I didn't know them by name, I'm involved in a couple things on Facebook that they might of seen my name and added me from -- especially since the person said she thought I was a cool person and lived near her. Which kinda suggests that she might have seen me on facebook or somewhere like that - so I added her, bad move. She said she was bad with Skype and then sent me a bunch of links to look at her profile on this random website - I've deleted her naturally. But is there any possible way I can make my profile so hidden that only people who know my email or actually skype name can add me? 

help101
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (2,376 Views)

Re: Random Contact Adds

I just got the same thing, and hit the web to find if Skype spam was a problem.

Anytime someone you don't know sends you a message that is totally generic, not actually referencing something specific to you, it is spam.

MartinPedersen
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (2,169 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling