Q:Can contacts see others in your contact list?(I ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Q:Can contacts see others in your contact list?(I have checked the FAQs and seen no info)

Simple but important. I do not want certain people on my contact list to see others on that same list (It's complicated). I have no idea what a contact is seeing on their end when they are in voice/cam chat with me. Still new to this, but need to know before adding contacts to my list...Help a brother out...:sad:

mictester
Routine Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

No - your contact list is UNIQUE TO YOU.

Nobody else can see your list (unless you send them a copy).  If you have two friends on your contact list that don't like each other - say Bob and John - both can be in your Contact List, and Bob will have you in his Contact List.  John will also have you in his list, but he won't be able to see Bob, and won't even know that Bob is is in your list!

Hope that makes it clear!

View solution in original post
Black_Monsta2
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 5 (27,480 Views)

Re: Q:Can contacts see others in your contact list?(I have checked the FAQs and seen no info)

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly.  moreover, persons who are in your contact list will not be able to see the usernames or details of the other users who are also in your contact list.  

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1661
Message 2 of 5 (27,471 Views)

Re: Q:Can contacts see others in your contact list?(I have checked the FAQs and seen no info)

Primemover: Appreciate your taking the time to respond:(y):. If you are saying that persons in my contact list can NOT see others in my contact list, then you have answered the querstion. I no not want my contacts to "see" each other if at all possible, and that is the issue. Please confirm or correct as soon as you can spare a moment of your valuable time, so I am clear on this.  Regards "B"...:cool:

Primemover wrote:

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly.  moreover, persons who are in your contact list will not be able to see the usernames or details of the other users who are also in your contact list.  

0 Kudos
Black_Monsta2
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (27,459 Views)

No - your contact list is UNIQUE TO YOU.

Nobody else can see your list (unless you send them a copy).  If you have two friends on your contact list that don't like each other - say Bob and John - both can be in your Contact List, and Bob will have you in his Contact List.  John will also have you in his list, but he won't be able to see Bob, and won't even know that Bob is is in your list!

Hope that makes it clear!

mictester
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 4 of 5 (27,453 Views)

@mictester-Re: Q:Can contacts see others in your contact list?

Just the situation I am in and just the info I needed to move ahead. Appreciate you taking the time to comment and help out. You are a gentleman & a scholar.:(y):  Regards:B2:robothappy:

0 Kudos
Black_Monsta2
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (27,448 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling