Privacy when using Skype on iPhone 4 with WiFi onl...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Privacy when using Skype on iPhone 4 with WiFi only

[ Edited ]

I use Skype on an iPhone 4 via wifi on my home network which runs through a Mac, etc. I do not have SIM card in my phone because I don't use cell service on the phone. In this scenario, can my Skype calls be tapped. I'm concerned about an individual and thought I should ask at the source. Internet search results are mixed. Thanks.

Posted from Apple iPhone
pgl
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 4 (94 Views)

Re: Privacy

if you have a strong password and clean computer/device system, aware of what phishing emails/messages look like or their usual structures, and do not share your password or computer/device to others (and things similar to what were mentioned), I think your account will be safe.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1415
Message 2 of 4 (84 Views)

Thanks.  Everything is good, re: your suggestions.  What I was wondering was whether or not someone could "listen" to calls.  But from what I've read elsewhere, my understanding is Skype calls are encrypted.  So that, plus your suggestions, would mean no, Skype calls cannot be tapped.  Correct? :happy:

pgl
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 4 (57 Views)

pgl wrote:

Thanks.  Everything is good, re: your suggestions.  What I was wondering was whether or not someone could "listen" to calls.  But from what I've read elsewhere, my understanding is Skype calls are encrypted.  So that, plus your suggestions, would mean no, Skype calls cannot be tapped.  Correct? :happy:

yes, and in addition, users can only initiate/receive/entertain calls/video calls in one computer/device at a time.  

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1415
Message 4 of 4 (53 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling