Plug-in "Skype click to call" unresponsive

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Plug-in "Skype click to call" unresponsive

For several times I wrote in the Give Feedback area that, meanwhile I am working, a window with above message with the request if to stop or not jumps on the screen repetedly and, in spite of the kind of reply yes or not, it comes out again and all my work is stock. I asked how I could repair this issue, no reply at all. Should I pass to Google +?

stavolearm
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 11 (27,341 Views)

Re: Plug-in "Skype click to call" unresponsive

I use Skype Click-to-Call all the time, and have never encountered these error messages.  Are you using the most recent version of Skype?  Please try turning this feature off; sign out of Skype, wait a minute or two, sign back in to Skype, and re-initializing the feature -- unless you do not wish to use it at all!

Here is how to find Click-to-Call in my Win7 PC version of Skype, as of today is 5.9.0.123 : Starting at your Contacts list,

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Advanced Settings -> un-check Use Skypeto call to links on the web

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1931
Message 2 of 11 (27,337 Views)

I have the exactly the same problem if that might be any consolation. If I find an answer I will let you know.
thgolding
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 11 (27,185 Views)

I am having the same thing, except that when this is happening my computer freezes until I tell the question to shut off the unresponsive plug-in. I also get (one start-up of the computer) this: The procedure entry point NtAlpcSnedwaitreceive Point could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll.

Can anyone help an idiot try to work through these issues?

Wolffwh
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 11 (27,035 Views)

I have disabled my Skype Click to Call plug in and not had any problems since .....

Control panel

Internet Options

Programs Tab across the top

Manage Add ons box at the bottom

Click to highlight Skype Click to Call and then click diable in the settings section underneath on the left

Close and re-start computer.

Hopefully this should fix the problem. Hope it helps :wink:

ozzztel
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 5 of 11 (26,989 Views)

I've had the same problem.  For those using Google Chrome, if you click the wrench icon at the end of the url bar, go down to tools, and select extensions, you should see the click to call extension.  Check the box that says enabled - you'll see it change to disabled.  I haven't restarted my computer yet, but hopefully won't have to.

Zenful83
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 11 (26,050 Views)

Thank you so much, it helped me ... :happy: The thing was driving me crazy couple weeks...

MiraNikolic
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 11 (22,625 Views)

Tools>Option>Advanced>then uncheck "use skype to callto: links on the web

Hope that helps

Gregga
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 11 (9,123 Views)

Dear Readers,

One of our Community Super Users enlightened me: in my browser, I can click on the blue S for Click to Call, and choose to turn off the phone number flagging or otherwise.  See the screen shot, below ...

Click to Call.png

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1931
Message 9 of 11 (9,104 Views)

You can also diable the 'click to call' by following the method sugested above by clicking the 3 bars symble top right on this page.

andrewgk
Tourist
Message 10 of 11 (5,259 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling